British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, jenga said:

sad to read on the Glasgow site that jJmmy Beaton has passed on . any loss in the speedway world is a great loss to all .  but i think jimmy will be a greater loss to those who had known him . 91 yrs old , it must be the irn bru !        R.I.P. .  J .B.  

Condolences to the family,Jimmy was a great character and probably the reason that the Tigers are still in existence ,he saw them through some tough times and probably pumped a lot of money into the club to keep them afloat .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MD said:

Looking at the pictures of how much the track is being taken in on Twitter, are Ashfield Juniors moving out?

it looks like an awful lot of drainage work . i cant see them opening up the straigh etc that much . no one in their right minds would ride that line . so it maybe a bit wider , but not that much .

we wait to see !

21 hours ago, jenga said:

it looks like an awful lot of drainage work . i cant see them opening up the straigh etc that much . no one in their right minds would ride that line . so it maybe a bit wider , but not that much .

we wait to see !

As the corners are being taken in to widen the entrances, the straights as a result are widened.

On 10/01/2018 at 5:51 PM, jenga said:

sad to read on the Glasgow site that jJmmy Beaton has passed on . any loss in the speedway world is a great loss to all .  but i think jimmy will be a greater loss to those who had known him . 91 yrs old , it must be the irn bru !        R.I.P. .  J .B.  

RIP condolences to his family &  gary