British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gunner85

Belle Vue Colts V Eastbourne. 18 Oct

Overcast, but dry.

Lets have a hard fought but fair battle.

C'mon you Colts!

• Like 1

Get in colts. A special team, deserved winners.

Great nights racing , well done Colts, what an exciting young team, also sincere commiserations to the Eagles ,

Bewley , Smith , and Bickley aided by Rob Shuttlworth provide a fearsome quartet at the NSS ,

But the Eagles pushed them all the way,

Got to also mention the Eagles fans who made the 6 hour journey up to Manchester on Wednesday night to cheer their boys on

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 2

Really enjoyed tonight great meeting.Well done to both teams who kept me on the edge of my seat right up to heat 14.

Its been a pleasure watching this young Colts team all season and tonight was the iceing on the cake.Well done to each and every one of the Colts.

A special shout out for Drew Kemp what a great performance from him the lad going off tonight looks to have a good future ahead of him.

Eagles fans you can be proud of your team they never gave up fighting right to the end.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

Well done the Colts.

Hopefully the start of a new era for Belle Vue just like when the Colts were resurrected in 1968.

Cracking meeting, congrats to the Colts, commiserations to an Eagles side that never gave up. Kemp was outstanding & Bailey really came alive in the latter part of the match.

For me if there was a "man of the Final" it would have to be Kyle Bickley. He was excellent at Arlington, at a time when the Colts were looking vulnerable. Tonight he was quality.

Just a final thought. Both when Bickley had that horror smash in heat 10, and when Shuttleworth clinched the tie in heat 14, an Eagles rider was over to check Bewley & Bickley were OK, as well as congratulating Shuttleworth. Big respect, great to see.

• Like 2

The Colts were superb pulling back the 12 point deficit and going on to win by 22. Some good racing, a good crowd and another trophy at the end of it. Eastbourne never gave up, the Colts were just too strong for them but Bailey and Kemp were impressive.

Bewley and Smith have already progressed through to the Aces and I can see Bickley doing the same. This is what the National League needs to be doing and hopefully, the three of them will eventually have long and successful careers at the club.

Some Eastbourne fans had made the long trip and what a sporting lot they were. Supporting their riders throughout but applauding Belle Vue race winners and staying to congratulate the Colts as they collected the trophy. It was good to see Belle Vue fans applauding them for having made the journey on a week night and for the way they behaved.

• Like 1

Likewise, no top four for you this year :)

Yeah ......and you'll still end u with the same as us.......nothing!!.....i think i'd sooner have Cradley the title win than you arrogant lot; you always have been and i imagine will remain so.

My apologies to Eastbourne supporters for that wholly uneccessary, offensive, and unwarrented comment.

• Like 2

What a great advert for NL racing. The scoreline doesnt reflect the effort put in by Eastbourne. It was a lot tighter all the way through.

I was there cheering on the Colts, but especially Kyle Bickley. What a time to get your 1st ever maximum! He was absolutely superb all night, although his HT10 crash was very scary. He even considered riding in Ht15! Currently off to hospital for a check over. One of the first people to check on Kyle, other than paramedics, was Mildenhalls Jon Armstrong, who was helping Drew Kemp

Introduced to Phil the Ace and Rob B.Good to put faces to names. Next time Im up there, the drinks are on me! Sat with HalifaxTiger and also got some opinions from Kelly Armstrong!

Well done to the Eastbourne fans, who despite their obvious disappointment were very sporting throughout. Bailey in particular rode so hard for little reward. Deserved more points. Same goes for Luke Woodhull. Even Paul Bowen got stuck in.

A thoroughly enjoyable nights racing.

What a great advert for NL racing. The scoreline doesnt reflect the effort put in by Eastbourne. It was a lot tighter all the way through.

I was there cheering on the Colts, but especially Kyle Bickley. What a time to get your 1st ever maximum! He was absolutely superb all night, although his HT10 crash was very scary. He even considered riding in Ht15! Currently off to hospital for a check over. One of the first people to check on Kyle, other than paramedics, was Mildenhalls Jon Armstrong, who was helping Drew Kemp

Introduced to Phil the Ace and Rob B.Good to put faces to names. Next time Im up there, the drinks are on me! Sat with HalifaxTiger and also got some opinions from Kelly Armstrong!

Well done to the Eastbourne fans, who despite their obvious disappointment were very sporting throughout. Bailey in particular rode so hard for little reward. Deserved more points. Same goes for Luke Woodhull. Even Paul Bowen got stuck in.

A thoroughly enjoyable nights racing.

I couldn't agree more, but to be fair virtually every Colts home match this season has been a great advert for the National League. The huge Colts' points totals say nothing about the quality of the racing and the sterling efforts of the opposition teams' riders.

It is a shame that the first leg was curtailed at 13 heats, but the 56-34 result last night at least put one argument to bed. Given that at least three riders would have finished heats 14 and 15 at Eastbourne, the biggest win the Eagles could have achieved was 55-35, then giving a Colts 90-88 aggregate win. And then that last dash pass by Jack Smith on Josh Bailey in heat 15 last night would really have brought the house down!!