British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

Bit hard to predict anything until we know for definite which league we will be in...

Why start the thread then?

• Like 3

Bjerre and Howarth would be good whatever league we are in. If we remain in this league Georgie would be on my team sheet too.

Howarth 8.62

Kurtz 5.39

Newman 6.10

Bates 6.55

Bjerre 8.42

Wood 2.68

Lambert 4.24

It looks like Sheffield have a lot of thinking to do over the next few weeks about what they decide to do about 2018

Do they stay in the Championship and change their race night as to prevent doubling up clashes no Championship clubs will be allowed to run matches on Monday & Thursdays other than Bank Holidays.

Option two is to go up to Premiership to keep Thursday nights but will the Sheffield fans support the team in sufficient numbers to make it financially viable.

Edited by flagrag

We at Ipswich have the same dilemma. Weve been a Thursday night track ever since we were formed so a big decision by the promotion.

Even though weve still had more Thursday meetings than any other day, weve had quite a number of home meetings this year on off nights and the attendance hasnt visibly suffered.

The jungle drums has us moving back up though so time will tell.

Will be interesting to see which way Sheffield decide to go too.

Edited by Arch Stanton

Bit hard to predict anything until we know for definite which league we will be in...

you guys are not going anywhere .

+ you just have to keep georgie wood . looks a great prospect .

Edited by jenga

It looks like Sheffield have a lot of thinking to do over the next few weeks about what they decide to do about 2018

Do they stay in the Championship and change their race night as to prevent doubling up clashes no Championship clubs will be allowed to run matches on Monday & Thursdays other than Bank Holidays.

Option two is to go up to Premiership to keep Thursday nights but will the Sheffield fans support the team in sufficient numbers to make it financially viable.

Is that for definite then - that Championship clubs won't be able to run Mondays and Thursdays? Seen there's been a lot of talking about it, but will it be confirmed at the BSPA meeting?

Steve55- Like most things in Speedway nothing is definite until it actually happens but that is what has been agreed upon at pre AGM meeting and riders are being told this when asking about riding in the UK in 2018 with hopefully more top level riders being interested.

I personally think Sheffield may take a gamble and go up in 2018 to keep their race night rather than running on say Wednesday crowds may have other things on.

It remains to be seen what Ipswich do and suspect Redcar will move to Fridays where I have been told have been better this year.

I think if our promotors think its viable they will move up but we want regular speedway no the joke fixture list of one in 5 weeks as Rye House had this year.We must be very competitive when building the team.I would like to see us have a GP no.1 and most of this years team.If they made a rule for a 2 pointer at 7 then Georgie Wood would obviously be in the team too.Lets see what happens.!!!!!!

Was impressed with Georgie Wood on the two televised meetings seen him against Leicester. I hope he makes it to the top. - seems to have a good attitude.

• Like 1

Thursday night is speedway night and I can't imagine having it any other time. We've had odd meetings on Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays but for some reason which I can't explain, those meetings have always seemed out of sync with the normal rhythm of life. There is some unfathomable sequence programmed into my inner consciousness which dictates that Thursday night is speedway night and forever it must remain so.

• Like 2

Would love a bit of Dan Bewley at Sheffield in 2018.

He will be at Sheffield next season, as an away rider

Wouldnt be suprised if a certain Mr Auty was back at Sheffield next season either. Maybe having the lush owlerton bowl as his home track again might just re ignite his career.

Robert Lambert ?

Adam Ellis ?

Jambo Shanes ?

Scotty Nicholls ?!?

Only riders i can honestly see remaining from the current team are Howarth, Bjerre & Wood.

• Like 1