British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

Wouldnt be suprised if a certain Mr Auty was back at Sheffield next season either. Maybe having the lush owlerton bowl as his home track again might just re ignite his career.

Robert Lambert ?

Adam Ellis ?

Jambo Shanes ?

Scotty Nicholls ?!?

Only riders i can honestly see remaining from the current team are Howarth, Bjerre & Wood.

Don't understand your thinking here. The present team all claim they've had a great time at Sheffield and team spirit has never been higher. Added to which they've won the league championship. Seems to me that it would be to everyone's advantage to keep the team intact as far as averages will allow. Personally I'd settle for the same 1 - 7 for 2018, but I know averages will get in the way of that. I can't see any reason why there should be a mass clear-out though.

Whatever else, the first two signings should be Steady as Team Manager and Howarth as captain.

• Like 2

I have a feeling that we could be moving up to the top league.

With the word been that the top league going to fixed race nights of Monday and Thursday, and both nights been our regular race night and the other been our regular alternative night, I see us swapping places with Leicester who seem to have decided that they are best running on a Saturday.

With that in mind I think that we could see the following riders returning;

Kyle Howarth

Josh Bates

Lasse Bjerre

Jan Gravensen

That would see us looking for three other riders

Maybe Scott Nicholls who has been doing a lot of Guest bookings

Maybe Kim Nilsson transfer his services over from Leicester.

I definitely don't see Josh Auty at Sheffield whatever league we ride, and to be fair I don't see the benefit to him coming back to Sheffield to either club or rider.

On a 42 point limit, which is what they will probably go with Kai Huckenbeck.

I also have a feeling that Ipswich will swap places with Kings Lynn in the top league.

It's my understanding (and I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong), that due to Owlerton Stadium being used as a dog track on most days (including Thursday afternoons) Thursday and Monday evenings are the only times that it is available for speedway. Sundays have also been used over the years for the BSPA events, but we did have the double header this year against the Monarchs and Witches. Could that be an alternative day? I know it wasn't popular with the people I stand with.

I have a feeling that we could be moving up to the top league.

With the word been that the top league going to fixed race nights of Monday and Thursday, and both nights been our regular race night and the other been our regular alternative night, I see us swapping places with Leicester who seem to have decided that they are best running on a Saturday.

With that in mind I think that we could see the following riders returning;

Kyle Howarth

Josh Bates

Lasse Bjerre

Jan Gravensen

That would see us looking for three other riders

Maybe Scott Nicholls who has been doing a lot of Guest bookings

Maybe Kim Nilsson transfer his services over from Leicester.

I definitely don't see Josh Auty at Sheffield whatever league we ride, and to be fair I don't see the benefit to him coming back to Sheffield to either club or rider.

On a 42 point limit, which is what they will probably go with Kai Huckenbeck.

I also have a feeling that Ipswich will swap places with Kings Lynn in the top league.

I think if we were to ride in the top league then i would only like to see Howarth, Bates and Bjerre retained. Graversen found Elite speedway just too hot to handle IMO, T Kurtz also may struggle and its a big ask of young Georgie & I think Josh G will move on.

Nicholls could well be on his way should we go up.

Random shot - Prezmislaw Pawlicki.

If they change to Saturday or Sunday that rules me out of watching Sheffield , as said before Thursday is speedway night here in Sheffield always has been and always should be.

I think if we were to ride in the top league then i would only like to see Howarth, Bates and Bjerre retained. Graversen found Elite speedway just too hot to handle IMO, T Kurtz also may struggle and its a big ask of young Georgie & I think Josh G will move on.

Nicholls could well be on his way should we go up.

Random shot - Prezmislaw Pawlicki.

where is the top league .

you will only be watching the same riders and paying more money to watch it . stay where you are .

P.S. for elite read premier, it changed ya know .

Edited by jenga

where is the top league .

you will only be watching the same riders and paying more money to watch it . stay where you are .

P.S. for elite read premier, it changed ya know .

wow no need to be rude sir.

If they change to Saturday or Sunday that rules me out of watching Sheffield , as said before Thursday is speedway night here in Sheffield always has been and always should be.

They've had the dogs on Saturday ever since I can remember, so I doubt they'll move their plum night for the speedway.

If we stay where we are, I'd like us to keep Howarth, Bjerre, Grav if he could be at reserve, and Georgie.

They've had the dogs on Saturday ever since I can remember, so I doubt they'll move their plum night for the speedway.

If we stay where we are, I'd like us to keep Howarth, Bjerre, Grav if he could be at reserve, and Georgie.

Lasse definitely wants to stay according to today's star: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/speedway/sheffield-tigers/sheffield-tigers-lasse-bjerre-keen-to-ride-on-for-the-champions-1-8813516

I think we will stay in the second tier and keep most of the title winning riders, maybe just a couple of changes. Josh Bates could do with a move for a season, just to give him a new challenge. If the Premier ride on Monday and Thursday. The only days that don't have dog racing at Owlerton are Wednesday and Sunday. So it's going to be one of those day's. Me personally would like it to be every Wednesday at 7.30pm. If it was Sunday i would not be watching live speedway anymore. I do other things with the family on Sunday. utt.

I used to watch Scunny on Fridays. Along with 5 others that's allot of gate money lost. Sheffield is Thursday and I can't make Sundays or Mondays so hope it's not premier on a Thursday as I think sheffield will not be a part of speedway league racing as I believe the stadium management wouldn't help with increased costs.

3 if us used to go to scunny on Fridays , so thats 8 they are down in two posts.

Wednesdays would suit me but Thursday is traditional and shouldnt be interfered with.

3 if us used to go to scunny on Fridays , so thats 8 they are down in two posts.

Wednesdays would suit me but Thursday is traditional and shouldnt be interfered with.

Tonga + 5 + 3 = 9 :oops::wink: but you will be welcomed back next year on Fridays, if we run. :cry:

Would Lasse ride Denmark on Wednesdays?

Why do we need fixed race nights next year? Why should Sheffield be forced to move to the top league, whatever it's called, because they race on a Thursday night, and may lose out because of the costs involved? Thursday night is Sheffield Speedway night and long it remain!

Edited by Hel'n'Back

Why do we need fixed race nights next year? Why should Sheffield be forced to move to the top league, whatever it's called, because they race on a Thursday night, and may lose out because of the costs involved? Thursday night is Sheffield Speedway night and long it remain!

Nothing has been decided as yet, but the favoured option seems to be Monday and Thursday fixed nights for Elite League racing.

My believe is that they are trying alleviate the doubling up problems, which this season has gotten out of hand.

The options for us as club as I see it is;

(1) Move up into the Premiership and keep our traditional Thursday night racing.

(2) Stay in the Championship but change our race night.

(3) Stay in the Championship keep Thursday nights but have problems signing riders, basically anyone who wants to double up won't want to ride for a Thursday night Championship club.

Like yourself and a lot of others I would favour things staying the way they are, but it shows you how far gone the sport has gone downhill when it looks like we maybe forced into a situation which is out of our control.