British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

all i can say island its been said on numerous occasions is,bspa,get your bloody act together and get this shambles of a sport sorted out once and for all.why on earth did we have the two completely meaningless sheffield - leicester play off meetings.why has it taken an eternity to get the k.o cup meetings run this late into the season? injuries apart, why have meetings been plagued with, what seems like, a million guests or our ever reliable friend r/r..? amongst other various ridiculous rulings.meetings taking an eternity to complete.time wastingly excessive gardening at the start of a race.etc etc etc etc etc.the sport, in its current state, cannot be taken seriously especially by newcomers.it is bogged down in its own bureaucracy.things,and a lot of them, need to change and fast before even the diehards get fed up and move on.

all i can say island its been said on numerous occasions is,bspa,get your bloody act together and get this shambles of a sport sorted out once and for all.why on earth did we have the two completely meaningless sheffield - leicester play off meetings.why has it taken an eternity to get the k.o cup meetings run this late into the season? injuries apart, why have meetings been plagued with, what seems like, a million guests or our ever reliable friend r/r..? amongst other various ridiculous rulings.meetings taking an eternity to complete.time wastingly excessive gardening at the start of a race.etc etc etc etc etc.the sport, in its current state, cannot be taken seriously especially by newcomers.it is bogged down in its own bureaucracy.things,and a lot of them, need to change and fast before even the diehards get fed up and move on.

Think they need to sit down and take serious long hard look at what they are doing and accept that what they have been doing has not been working.

Main thing they need to accept is that they have failed to understand that the World of speedway has changed, the days of riders riding and basing themselves solely in this country has long gone and went out in the 70's and 80's.

I don't think that they will be able to stop the doubling up rule, but they need to look at ways of to cut down on the amount of Guest appearances they need to cover the doubling up situation.

The only way forward for this has to be either designated race nights for each leagues, or maybe squads for the top league with riders sharing doubling up roles.

Or combining the top leagues and making one big league, is another way that could move it forward.

But the main thing is it has to be attractive to both riders and fans alike.

I have also advocated that there should be a fans representative elected from each club vote by their home fans to attend part of the Conference so that they can get ideas and views from a fans perspective.

They also need to take a look at the TV deal as I think it was BT that put the pressure on the Promotion and Relegation Play Offs to come into effect, and at Sheffield what happened their where our own Promotion were subject unwarranted abuse.

Lets hope that they don't just paper over the cracks.

If some clubs close as rumoured there should be an excess of riders waiting for team places to open up so just maybe that will cut down on guests . Just a thought

Before this year Id not been to Sheffield before having now visited 3 times I think the best thing for Bates career would be staying at Sheffield in the top flight, dropping the championship and focusing on as much continental riding as he can - he really is like most of your boys fantastic at building speed on the fast Sheffield track and think he would surprise a lot of people given the chance on big fast Poland tracks! I would agree from what Ive seen of your team as a neutral the main riders to keep - Howarth, bjerre and wood.

• Like 1

Given Steads connection with Vaculic and the fact he has signed for Leicester rather than Sheffield, dare we presume that we are staying in the Championship?

Edited by Cue Ball

Given Steads connection with Vaculic and the fact he has signed for Leicester rather than Sheffield, dare we presume that we are staying in the Championship?

I think that's what's to be presumed. Would make sense with them waiting on Grajczonek to decide if he's riding championship next season. Think a spanner could still be thrown in the mix if the set race nights comes in for the Premiership, can't see us changing race nights from Thursday with the restrictions we have.

No because Sheffield are about to sign Sayfutdinov.

:-)

• Like 1

Wouldnt be suprised if a certain Mr Auty was back at Sheffield next season either. Maybe having the lush owlerton bowl as his home track again might just re ignite his career.

Robert Lambert ?

Adam Ellis ?

Jambo Shanes ?

Scotty Nicholls ?!?

Only riders i can honestly see remaining from the current team are Howarth, Bjerre & Wood.

Autys going nowhere, we love him at scunny and hes happy with us

Not surprised Vaculik gone to Leicester I expected him coming to Sheffield had we gone up with his Simon Stead connections.Good luck to him hes a very good rider.

I’d love to see Auty at Sheffield

If there's one thing Auty needs it's a change of track, and I wouldn't say he should come back to Sheffield either.

Josh Grazjconek
Todd Kurtz
LasseBjerre
Josh Auty/ Adam Ellis/ Josh Bates/ Rene Bach/ Kyle Newman
Kyle Howarth
Jan Graversen
Jordan Jenkins/ Georgie Wood

Anyone know if any of the above fits / what it would come to ?

Josh Grazjconek

Todd Kurtz

LasseBjerre

Josh Auty/ Adam Ellis/ Josh Bates/ Rene Bach/ Kyle Newman

Kyle Howarth

Jan Graversen

Jordan Jenkins/ Georgie Wood

Anyone know if any of the above fits / what it would come to ?

It comes to 8 riders, so doubtful it will fit 😁😜

I believe Josh G has said that he is only riding in the top league next year.