British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

Pleased for Jack... he will benefit being at Sheffield and develop further.

Good luck in 2018 Jack

Can't envisage how there can be a balanced side with Smith and Wood at 6 & 7. Being able to call on the experience of Graversen at no.6 is what won matches in 2016. Who will provide the trump card when it matters if we have two 2-pointers at reserve?

Wood and Smith if it was them would both improve there averages, I think they would add 2-3 points between them. If you had a top 5 of

Howarth, Bates, Proctor, Wright and Bjerre youll do just fine.

Moan when youve got Panthers line up lol

• Like 1

Good to see Jack at Sheffield for a season to further his learning curve he will be well looked after down there.

I am guessing the Glasgow and Sheffield promotion have agreed JPB to Glasgow and Jack to Sheffield with no loan fee from either side.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Good to see Jack at Sheffield for a season to further his learning curve he will be well looked after down there.

I am guessing the Glasgow and Sheffield promotion have agreed JPB to Glasgow and Jack to Sheffield with no loan fee from either side.

Surprised Glasgow did not have Smith back.Was it due to averages ?

Jack struggled most weeks on the Ashfield track this move could well act as a confidence builder.

Hard to say if it was average related but the team they have signed you would have to say yes it played a part.

Hopefully Jack has a good year for the other Tigers and he is back with us next season.

• Like 1

Jack struggled most weeks on the Ashfield track this move could well act as a confidence builder.

Hard to say if it was average related but the team they have signed you would have to say yes it played a part.

Hopefully Jack has a good year for the other Tigers and he is back with us next season.

Glasgow's team averages total 42.50 exactly so Jack would have been too high to be their final signing.

• Like 1

Smith has potential, put in plenty of practice laps round owlerton after hed recovered from his injury

Taking after his dad, I remember him as a young kid at Hyde Road going round and round continuously doing practice laps.

And look how he turned out. :)

Agree with both Gazc and RS50.

And with the team Glasgow assembled, a solid top five, and only exactly 2.00 left for the number 7, its a team structure they could use with Sarjeant at 6.

So yeah, unfortunately no room for Jack. Best of luck to him in 2018.

is there any need for a strong number 6 now?

due to the new tac sub rules both reserves will only need to have a minimum of 3 rides each if they are about the 6 point behind rule in a meeting, then their rides can be taken by inform riders in the 1-5 of the team,as im old enough to remember the old tac sub rule i think this could be an advantage to go for a strong top 5,with reserves capable of averaging around 2.5 to 3.5.

lets not forget the strong number 6 should be going out and bombing heat 2,but then is up against an opponent heat leader in his other 3 rides,as well as his own heat leader,i cant see many strong number 6`s maintaining their starting average at the seasons end.

p.s. we could see the return of the 21 point maximum if operating r/r.

Edited by romans lovechild

Taking after his dad, I remember him as a young kid at Hyde Road going round and round continuously doing practice laps.

And look how he turned out. :)

Agree with both Gazc and RS50.

And with the team Glasgow assembled, a solid top five, and only exactly 2.00 left for the number 7, its a team structure they could use with Sarjeant at 6.

So yeah, unfortunately no room for Jack. Best of luck to him in 2018.

That was something that Ivan did at Brough in the early 60's. After the meeting, he would fill the tank and do lap after lap. Presumably it was to get used to the track, but it must have done wonders for his fitness, which Ivan was fanatical about. When he was at BV he used to train with Man City I believe.

Glasgow's team averages total 42.50 exactly so Jack would have been too high to be their final signing.

The make up of the team may have changed though once they decided in, all probability this will have been the case.

Fully aware on the announced team average but there would have been several permutations with Jack included.

But hope he has a good season for Sheffield he has bags of potential.

Edited by Gazc

ty proctor heading your way ......... NOT.

he like the old Cumberland sausage ! L.O.L.

as does charlie boy ..

Edited by jenga

I'd be very happy with the team mention recently...

1 Howarth

2 Bates

3 Wright

4 Proctor

5 Bjerre

6 Smith

7 Wood

Would probably arguably the strongest top 5 in the league and I think both Smith and Wood are more than capable of improving their averages.

ty proctor heading your way ......... NOT.he like the old Cumberland sausage ! L.O.L.as does charlie boy ..

The fact he's close with the Bates family and lives around the corner from Owlerton you'd think it would be a no brainer for him (if we've approached him) LOL Edited by Walton