British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

surprised weve managed to get shanes, but excited about the prospect of seeing him in a tigers racing suit, shaping up nicely again, i reckon its going to be kyle and todd as the last 2, i would take todd over jan due to jans average was from the reserve berth where as todds was from the team.

welcome james.

sorry to see georgie not kept on as looked to have it in him to make the grade,just a pity he did all the driving himself and had to rely on steadys dad as is mechanic when up here.surely his contributions wont be wasted in the bates` memory bank.

Could Georgie be named as our number 8 if no other Championship team sign him? To stand in for Smith or Shanes if they've other commitments (approved by the FIM).

Really good to see the promotion looking to make improvements where possible, but liked Georgie, he tried his best, even when he was outclassed and all that travelling.

If he keeps up the effort he showed this year think he'll be one for the future - good luck to him and wish him all the best where ever he ends up riding next year.

(So much more about him than that mardy-ar$e JPB)

• Like 1

Howarth and Kurtz would round the team off just nicely.

Howarth and Broc Nicol however ..... Now that would be interesting.

From the Sheffield Star:-

Kyle Howarth, last year’s skipper, has gone on record saying he wants to return but much will depend on what his parent club Workington want to do. Tigers have considered making a bid to purchase his contract but nothing has been agreed at this stage.

That's a great signing. Welcome James you will score a lot of points for the champ's. The team is looking very impressive. Now for the Captain Kyle Howarth and i would be happy with Todd Kurtz. Then watch us go.

Fantastic signing. Will be a great reserve in the Championship, as we saw when he guested last season. Sad to see Georgie go, but wouldn't have wanted to go with both Smith & Wood. With Shanes I think we've got someone who can easily put on a point or two on his average.

• Like 1

Could Georgie be named as our number 8 if no other Championship team sign him? To stand in for Smith or Shanes if they've other commitments (approved by the FIM).

Really good to see the promotion looking to make improvements where possible, but liked Georgie, he tried his best, even when he was outclassed and all that travelling.

If he keeps up the effort he showed this year think he'll be one for the future - good luck to him and wish him all the best where ever he ends up riding next year.

(So much more about him than that mardy-ar$e JPB)

I doubt that Georgie will be without a Championship club come the start of the season, the way he came on must have caught the eye of other teams, thinking he might be an option for Scunthorpe's vacant no.7 spot but not sure if his average fits with what they have left.

Sorry to see Georgie not get a place, thought he was nailed on after the way he progressed / performed last year. That said, excited about Shanes being in the team, he looks a very good prospect from what I have seen

Sorry about George, but hopefully he can a place nearer home if that's possible

the team looks good again, Howarth and Kurtz to complete hopefully

Fantastic signing. Will be a great reserve in the Championship, as we saw when he guested last season. Sad to see Georgie go, but wouldn't have wanted to go with both Smith & Wood. With Shanes I think we've got someone who can easily put on a point or two on his average.

Completely agree and its not that he scores points, but how he does it.

I won't forget seeing him ride Buxton a couple of seasons ago for Kent. Never seen anyone else tackle it like he did.

Completely agree and its not that he scores points, but how he does it.

I won't forget seeing him ride Buxton a couple of seasons ago for Kent. Never seen anyone else tackle it like he did.

A very good signing really exciting to watch, i can see him loving Owlerton and he will entertain the fans.I think he is capable of averaging seven or eight at home a real shame is that i wanted Sheffield back in the top league but saying that now there is hardly a difference between the two league's anyway. Also there could be an arguement made that the Championship is harder to win than the Premiership.

Only when he was in front I bet!

• Like 3