Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

Im a new sponsor to the sport, and want to a sponsor a young rider, Josh Bates, I do a bit of background, I have 10k I want to give, but find out he's retiring, I'll look elsewhere. Chances are slim, but would you run the risk for being a bit clueless if it was just a joke....

Or he is serious about retiring or he has been hacked, think we need to know the truth before comments are made about repercussions

• Like 1

Who knows - maybe a mate buggering about on his account. Maybe his own joke gone too far. Maybe hacked. Maybe it is true. Lets wait and see.

Well i must say i am shocked at what i am reading. IF Josh has decided to play a little prank then i am sorry but it is immature and not nice to us loyal Sheffield fans. However if someone has hacked his account and done this then i hope Josh personally gets hold of them :-).

Hoping for some official clarification soon.

Maybe he's been offered a better deal elsewhere ;)

Hopefully he hasn't quit, the sport needs his type.

Also - if the rumours im hearing about Workington wanting Howarth in their lineup are true then i think we need to make a move for Robert Lambert if he is still available.

Also - if the rumours im hearing about Workington wanting Howarth in their lineup are true then i think we need to make a move for Robert Lambert if he is still available.

didn't think Robert was doing CL this year,,, but money talks.

Would like to see Lambert riding for us every week, but his reputation does seem to be that he will be missing on a regular basis

Would like to see Lambert riding for us every week, but his reputation does seem to be that he will be missing on a regular basis

Lambert has said no Championship for him in 2016

Lambert has said no Championship for him in 2016

Who was the imposter then? :)

Not sure what has gone off, but there has been some postings on his FB page that has hinted that maybe that there maybe problems.

So I don't think that he has been hacked.

And don't think that he is playing a prank.

Could be that there has been a disagreement within the family, and Josh has had a bit of a wobble.

Would be a massive shame if he does call it a day as he is a massive talent, but Josh now has a young family of his own and maybe he has decided that been a speedway rider is not for him.

Hopefully whatever it is it can be sorted and the club and Josh can move forward, but if it is a case that he does not feel he wants to ride then Josh has made the best decision for him and his own young family.

There is an article on the website saying he is having personal issues and that the club will stand by him whilst he works through them.

Looks like it was a genuine post. Lets hope that he gets whatever it is sorted, but at the end of the day does what is best for him/his family