British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

Well that is a shock. I guess we need to give everyone some time to work things out one way or the other. 

All the best to Josh.

Hope he can work things out positively whatever his final decision re speedway is.

• Like 2

Been troubled since i read this statement about Josh Bates. An all out action hero and Speedway is at a loss without him. Stay strong Josh.

Strikes me the lad has had a fallout with his bird and gone off on a strop. We've all been there and know what it's like to feel broken-hearted and desolate. Give him time - he'll come round. Once the icy blast of winter turns into the thaw of spring he'll start to realize that stacking shelves in Lidl is no way for an all-action Barnsley lad to earn a living. He'll be back on the bike by March.

• Like 3

All Tigers Fans,

The next of the monthly STAARS gatherings this closed season will be this Thursday 14th December 2017 at the New Barrack Tavern Pub on Penistone Road, Sheffield (0.5 mile south of Owlerton Stadium) from 7:30pm.

As always it's a chance for Tigers fans, riders and management to catch up, have a chat and a few drinks from the NBT's excellent selection and hear any news/updates from the club during the silly season.

New 2018 signing Charles Wright and Tigers co-promoter Peter Mole will be joining us this Thursday.

All are welcome !!!

• Like 1

I hope Josh can sort his problems out and that is the most important thing. He need to be concentrating on riding the bike  and not other things. There are a few months to the new season ,so hopefully it will be all sorted. The tigers  management  have said they will give him all the time he needs and fully support him. utt

It's all quiet on the team building front for the tigers any news on the Kyle Howarth situation. I hear its a problem at the Workington end but i don't know if that is the case.utt

33 minutes ago, graz gp said:

It's all quiet on the team building front for the tigers any news on the Kyle Howarth situation. I hear its a problem at the Workington end but i don't know if that is the case.utt

Perhaps Worky are trying to insist on a full transfer......

9 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Perhaps Worky are trying to insist on a full transfer......

...or wanting him back in the Worky team!

Think it's obvious we're playing the waiting game with Howarth. But question is, who's the other rider? If Edinburgh can have Andersson on a 5.20 then maybe we can go down a similar route? 

Well Kyle has been quoted as saying  he wants to ride for the tiger. So when a rider says something like that he usually get's his wish.

40 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Think it's obvious we're playing the waiting game with Howarth. But question is, who's the other rider? If Edinburgh can have Andersson on a 5.20 then maybe we can go down a similar route? 

Seems like Jonny Ball has been appointed to oversee the averages

Its sign a rider and ' think of a number"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Seems like Jonny Ball has been appointed to oversee the averages

Its sign a rider and ' think of a number"

We'll take Gleb Chugonov or Kostigov on a 5 if that's the case :D

Edited by spin king junior

1 hour ago, spin king junior said:

Article in Star yesterday on Charles Wright quoted him joining Bjerre, Kurtz and Smith  - so I'm guessing Kurtz is all agreed, just not officially announced via Sheffield sources

31 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

We'll take Gleb Chugonov or Kostigov on a 5 if that's the case :D

Worth a punt if you have the right connections ;)