British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

If we going to get messed about by Workington can we go down the Scott Nicholls route ? Or do we buy Kyle and get a loan fee from Wolves to offset transfer fee ? Hope we don't leave it hanging in the balance and lose out on a number 0ne.

On 18/12/2017 at 4:34 PM, The Third Man said:

Didnt realise that, but why would Workington want an unhappy rider

Exactly, we like to make them unhappy ourselves once they've arrived!! :D

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

If we going to get messed about by Workington can we go down the Scott Nicholls route ? Or do we buy Kyle and get a loan fee from Wolves to offset transfer fee ? Hope we don't leave it hanging in the balance and lose out on a number 0ne.

With Howarth already named in the Wolves team the Loan fee will already be being paid to Workington as they own him.

If Workington really hold out and insist on selling Howarth it is then in Sheffields court , agree a fee with Workington or sign him anyway and let it go to arbitration they then decide the fee Sheffield pay.

maybe kyle himself is holding out for a better Sheffield deal or a better offer from the workington management to ride in the blu n white .

so many ways to look at it . kyle likes sheffield , so maybe a transfer is on the cards or a return to the club where he began to grow ..

only time will tell 

splash the cash , sheff !

4 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Not my preferred option, Scotty did ok for us in the playoff final and was ok in the league meeting he rode for us, but I think he was well under par in the promotion meetings against the Lions.

Think it's only a matter of time before Kyle is signed up for next year (Hope so anyway!)

5 hours ago, Gazc said:

With Howarth already named in the Wolves team the Loan fee will already be being paid to Workington as they own him.

If Workington really hold out and insist on selling Howarth it is then in Sheffields court , agree a fee with Workington or sign him anyway and let it go to arbitration they then decide the fee Sheffield pay.

IF Sheffield sign Howarth surely the loan fee comes with him? If he signs for Sheffield before march he wont have rode for Wolves and will then be our asset so I cant see how Workington can get a loan fee for someone they don't own? I would expect that deal to be annulled.That would be my logic but as it is speedway you could be right..Think might be Todd Kurtz tomorrow 6th signing.

first workington own his registration to ride , then he signs for wolves on loan in the premiership . then dont buy his contract and he rides for sheffield on loan. is that 2 loan ffes that workington get ? 

or sheffield could just transfer kyle to sheffield on a full contract . therefore severing all ties to workington . sheffiel get the loan fee from wolves . workington have cash in the bank 

everyones happy .

at this moment in time , if workington dont require his services they then circulate his availability to all clubs(inc sheff) that he is available to loan to them .

clubs then contact worky saying they have intentions to to ask if kyle wants to ride for them . you cant tell a rider where to ride , its his choice .until then he is blu n white .

klyle or sheffield need to withdraw their fingers and get on with it .

Edited by jenga

2 hours ago, Steve55 said:

Not my preferred option, Scotty did ok for us in the playoff final and was ok in the league meeting he rode for us, but I think he was well under par in the promotion meetings against the Lions.

Think it's only a matter of time before Kyle is signed up for next year (Hope so anyway!)

Not my first choice either but I was thinking about the options we left with if we don't get Kyle,very limited I think,

49 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

IF Sheffield sign Howarth surely the loan fee comes with him? If he signs for Sheffield before march he wont have rode for Wolves and will then be our asset so I cant see how Workington can get a loan fee for someone they don't own? I would expect that deal to be annulled.That would be my logic but as it is speedway you could be right..Think might be Todd Kurtz tomorrow 6th signing.

I would imagine if Workington recieved a loan fee from Wolves and then sell him to Sheffield you would imagine that the loan fee would be deducted from any potential transfer fee.

But as you say it is speedway so who knows.

Edited by Gazc

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

Not my first choice either but I was thinking about the options we left with if we don't get Kyle,very limited I think,

If the stance on not letting riders without a Championship average from 2016 ride what about Brady Kurtz or Rohan Tungate, or would they have to have keep their averages from 2015?