British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

From the Star

Meanwhile, Tigers still want Kyle Howarth back but parent club Workington are refusing to budge.

The clubs have been unable to agree a price for a full transfer and his place in the Sheffield side won’t be rubber stamped until permission is granted.

This is, however, despite the fact Workington have built their team without Howarth included and are set to unveil their last two members.

Howarth himself is on record saying he wants to be back at Sheffield and personal terms won’t present a problem in any deal.

good to see the wild kid back .  but shame he didnt get the retirement record of josh auty . how long did josh retire for ? but welcome back josh and look forward to seeing you do a meeting at workington . live long and prosper . kyle almost a shoe in now , i would say .

30 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

From the Star

Meanwhile, Tigers still want Kyle Howarth back but parent club Workington are refusing to budge.

The clubs have been unable to agree a price for a full transfer and his place in the Sheffield side won’t be rubber stamped until permission is granted.

This is, however, despite the fact Workington have built their team without Howarth included and are set to unveil their last two members.

Howarth himself is on record saying he wants to be back at Sheffield and personal terms won’t present a problem in any deal.

is that more fake news , trying to sell papers .

workington cant budge . its on the map, as is workington speedway . i cant see our promotion  hanging out for loads of wonga . they just want the going rate. thats all .

sheff after a cut price rider. so both are some way apart .

or is it because kyle wants to be back @ wucky ?   if the star knows our final 2 riders , please tell us .!

now thats a sting in the tail for sheffield , wolves buy kyle . hmmmm .where would that leave things for sheff ?

flash the cash . workington now complete .  looks like wolves buy another rider !

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Foolish to fork out big money for a speedway rider these days,they will come to some agreement.

i sort of agree here

but riders still have value

and clubs have investment in riders to protect

Worky have named their full 1-7 and so cannot stop Howarth riding anywhere he wants now and can only demand a standard loan fee and nothing else

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Worky have named their full 1-7 and so cannot stop Howarth riding anywhere he wants now and can only demand a standard loan fee and nothing else

thats how i understand the rules regarding transfer/loan deals

38 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Rightly so as well.

Kyle never refused to ride for to ride for the Comets, simply stated his preference was Sheffield.

Also cannot blame Worky as it is no secret that they have been strapped for cash and a transfer fee hefty or not would have been a big help to them.

We sat tight and played the waiting game and looks like we could be announcing any time soon that Kyle will be back at the club for next season.

End of the day, Kyle gets to ride for the club that is his personal preference.

Worky pocket two loan fees.

And Sheffield get their man for next season.

Everyones a winner.  

18 hours ago, scaramanga said:

thats how i understand the rules regarding transfer/loan deals

In the case of Kus, once Redcar had not selected him for their team, it still went to arbitration and a very reasonably price was put on his head which Redcar had to accept. I agree still with the thought about a loan deal, but it was not offered then. 

maybe it was different with kus as the process had been ongoing before redcar filled ther team up

and you never know it could be the same with kyle 

A virtual tumbleweed blows quietly through this thread......

Hoping for news soon this silence is killing me !