British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

I think Wright will be a great signing for the Tigers, whenever i have seen him i have always been impressed he gets stuck in and gives it a right go. But i would start with Lasse at 5 and see how it goes. What with the new rules at the starting gate some riders might react differently to what they usually do so the points they score could be very different. It might not make any difference. Any thoughts.

its the season of the gating tarts !   or cheats as they are also known .. 

3 minutes ago, jenga said:

its the season of the gating tarts !   or cheats as they are also known .. 

I take it all back then - Klindt is a great signing then :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I take it all back then - Klindt is a great signing then :D

i would not go that far .

I would definitely keep the Bates/Bjerre  combo together at home at least as I think they were the most successful pairing towards the end of last season.

Wright showed how well he can ride Sheffield at the Pairs until he crashed out.

The stupidness of rules dictates that Howarth must be 1, still, I assume.  Such limitations diminishes the skill of a team manager.  That septet would be better if it top 5 were positioned Bjerre, Bates, Kurtz, Wright, Howarth.

I think it was 1991 when Wolves only won the league because they had their best rider (Sam Ermolenko) riding at #4 all year.  That is one prop I'll give Adams, Cradley had the better team that year but Wolves team management creativity meant they won the league not us. 

Bjerre

Kurtz

Wright

Bates

Howarth

Shanes

Smith

Could be the way to go, LB can handle heat one, CW and JB could provide the drive from the engine room, and KH! Who better to help the reserve's?

18 hours ago, Col said:

The stupidness of rules dictates that Howarth must be 1, still, I assume.  Such limitations diminishes the skill of a team manager.  That septet would be better if it top 5 were positioned Bjerre, Bates, Kurtz, Wright, Howarth.

I think it was 1991 when Wolves only won the league because they had their best rider (Sam Ermolenko) riding at #4 all year.  That is one prop I'll give Adams, Cradley had the better team that year but Wolves team management creativity meant they won the league not us. 

Is your second paragraph not the good reason to stop doing the exact same thing you suggest in your first paragraph.

• Like 1

Not sure how.  I am promoting creativity in team selection, team management should be a skill.

Talking of team management - I presume that Steady will be in charge, but not sure that I've seen it confirmed anywhere?

1 hour ago, Cue Ball said:

Talking of team management - I presume that Steady will be in charge, but not sure that I've seen it confirmed anywhere?

Good question. Also is there due to be a testimonial for him some time early this season?. Anyone know any more about this?

26 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Good question. Also is there due to be a testimonial for him some time early this season?. Anyone know any more about this?

The SS testimonial was promised for the first match of 2018.

On 1/12/2018 at 3:54 PM, 4thbender said:

The SS testimonial was promised for the first match of 2018.

Yes I had heard this too, also heard that more than one than one veteran Owlerton hero are about to put on their kevlars one more time for this event. 

Just a slightly different topic.. Is Jan Graversen likely to be snapped up elsewhere? Not seen much floating around regarding other teams line ups with him in...

Would be gutted for the man who was superb for us last season, and slightly gutted to not see him return at Sheffield.

• Like 1

On 12 January 2018 at 1:56 PM, Cue Ball said:

There is speculation on the Leicester 2018 thread that Simon could be TM there.