British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

two teams to manage , job outside speedway , easy . 

not too sure of running a marriage tho . thats hard even without anything else going on .lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

whatever team you support , its going to be a long time to get to the end of the season without any regular fixtures !

it will be 10 times as bad in season 2019 !

riders are not going to put money into equipment  just to do 16 home meetings  just as fans have almost given up on buying season tickets  ..

Edited by jenga

On 27/01/2018 at 2:48 PM, 4thbender said:

Thursday night is for speedway, not EastEnders. It's a disgrace.

They actually had Speedway on Eastenders yonks ago.  Rickieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee had a bash at Lakeside. 

21 minutes ago, nightshift said:

They actually had Speedway on Eastenders yonks ago.  Rickieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee had a bash at Lakeside. 

so who was the mystery rider ?

Time we concentrated on trying to find more talent, I always enjoy the Top Gun meetings. 

BTW anyone know what's happened to the new training track.

On 1/27/2018 at 2:48 PM, 4thbender said:

I absolutely agree. As a die-hard fan I remember well the 1970s when the Tigers 'A' Team rode in the BL Div. 1  on Thursdays and the 'B' team in Div. 2 on Sundays (the three Stuarts: Jay, Ulph and Hickman Jr. - remember them?)

True fans can't get enough of speedway and giving us 17 matches in a season is short-changing us and insulting our loyalty. Thursday night is for speedway, not EastEnders. It's a disgrace.

Did Stuart Hickman Jr ever ride for Tigers B? I though the third Stuart was Stuart Betts.

On 1/24/2018 at 1:57 PM, 4thbender said:

Fixture list looks decidedly thin - lots of blank Thursdays.

Excluding "Reserved" nights, it only looks like we'll be called upon to make the journey to Owlerton on 14 occasions plus one Sunday (Steady's testimonial). It seems to me that whatever we fans make of speedway's problems, fewer meetings is not the solution.

Have to agree on this one. Not sure about bothering with a season ticket. Will commit to leaving all Thursday's with a definate match free, but with so many blanks, not committed to leaving them free, just in case.

If promoters did not want to race each other twice, perhaps two Championship Shield groups only could have given us more matches.

With the top teams, probably, being involved in extra meetings ie KOC semi's & play off's, the lower clubs could still be racing for something worth while as in the Championship Shield.

5 hours ago, RS50 said:

Did Stuart Hickman Jr ever ride for Tigers B? I though the third Stuart was Stuart Betts.

You are testing my memory, but you may have the fourth. I remember me and my mate joking that to get a ride on Sunday afternoon you had to be called Stuart.

10 hours ago, RS50 said:

That is correct

where is speedway disappearing to     We always had a meeting every Thursday at Sheffield   this year it as been said we only have 14 home meetings,people are going to find other things to do on Thursdays.The end is  nigh  

• Sad 1