British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

The lack of an answer to TV screening from either BT or BSPA suggests to me that negotiations are still ongoing. Personally I can't see the previous big money ever happening from either BT or Sky, if they ever do it again it will be vastly reduced to reflect the decline of our sport. I also think speedway is at such a low point the BSPA will grab any amount on offer in their desperation to survive.

There are so many negatives surrounding speedway which urgently need addressing, and it will only begin to improve when Promoters actually start to promote again. Reducing the number of meetings will save money short term but will have a more detrimental effect when the hard core (lifeblood) supporters turn away. I really fail to understand why speedway is difficult to 'sell' - it's a fast, dangerous, colourful, noisy, and exciting team game which is family friendly and has all the ingredients to attract new faces. It's almost like a best kept secret and that doesn't help it survive - neither will increased entrance fees.

• Like 3

Pretty much the only rider that can get this kind of injury. Should he be doing that this close to the start of the season?

9 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Pretty much the only rider that can get this kind of injury. Should he be doing that this close to the start of the season?

What,,, going down a hill on a sledge ?,,, its not usually a dangerous pastime, young kids do it, very rarely does it end in tears.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

What,,, going down a hill on a sledge ?,,, its not usually a dangerous pastime, young kids do it, very rarely does it end in tears.

This is a sportsman, who has signed a contract to race for a couple of clubs, who no doubt is getting paid a decent wage, being injured, stops that.

11 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

This is a sportsman, who has signed a contract to race for a couple of clubs, who no doubt is getting paid a decent wage, being injured, stops that.

Yeah, I get that bit,,, but questioning wether he should be doing it or not so close to the start of the season, I don't get.

Its not that often we have lots of snow in March tho.

22 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

he is just a young lad , enjoying the snow while he can, cos one day the snow will not be here .

people break their backs SNEEZING. so now its dangerous to sneeze,, cough , maybe even fart .

9 minutes ago, jenga said:

he is just a young lad , enjoying the snow while he can, cos one day the snow will not be here .

people break their backs SNEEZING. so now its dangerous to sneeze,, cough , maybe even fart .

or even breath to hard...

Will rider replacement rule be available from the start of the season?

14 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, I get that bit,,, but questioning wether he should be doing it or not so close to the start of the season, I don't get.

Its not that often we have lots of snow in March tho.

I just don’t see why you’d take a risk so close to the start of the season that’s all. You’ve trained hard during the winter, and you then do something you could avoid, and get injured. Maybe just me then

3 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Will rider replacement rule be available from the start of the season?

Not sure you can have RR for someone who’s not turned a wheel for the club yet? 

42 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

No different than going MotoX'ing before the start of the season (like many speedway riders do), except you wouldn't think an injury could occur sledging.  It's just a freak accident. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

I just don’t see why you’d take a risk so close to the start of the season that’s all. You’ve trained hard during the winter, and you then do something you could avoid, and get injured. Maybe just me then

OK,,, maybe he should've been wearing his body armour.

anyways, I hope he makes a full recovery and is back on track soon.

Edited by ruffdiamond

2 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

With the "Beast From The East" causing so much havoc, even a walk down the street & slipping on ice could be hazardous.