British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

I agree with Panthers89.

He is a professional sportsman who has contracts in place and with the season just around the corner he shouldn't be doing these type of things. Needs to grow up and fast imo.

Been nothing but a pain for Leicester and Sheffield in the off season imo. Retiring and now this.

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

No different than going MotoX'ing before the start of the season (like many speedway riders do), except you wouldn't think an injury could occur sledging.  It's just a freak accident. 

Moto X is fitness and getting your body familiar with a bike again, I agree it’s a freak accident but could have been avoided

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

OK,,, maybe he should've been wearing his body armour.

anyways, I hope he makes a full recovery and is back on track soon.

I agree, hope he gets back fully fit as soon as possible 

1 hour ago, spin king junior said:

Jan graversen

Lewis Rose

Justin Sedgmen. 

Bradley Wilson Dean

2 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

I agree with Panthers89.

He is a professional sportsman who has contracts in place and with the season just around the corner he shouldn't be doing these type of things. Needs to grow up and fast imo.

Been nothing but a pain for Leicester and Sheffield in the off season imo. Retiring and now this.

got to agree with you deffo going by his antics.didnt he also injure himself carrying some washing down the stairs? do feel for the lad but seems to be a bit off the cuff.lets just hope that it is the 6 to 8 weeks that has been mentioned or i do fear for our season a little.

5 hours ago, jenga said:

he is just a young lad , enjoying the snow while he can, cos one day the snow will not be here .

people break their backs SNEEZING. so now its dangerous to sneeze,, cough , maybe even fart .

wouldn't be bothered if it ever came back.

You can get an injury shopping a washing machine, my poor back:(

If you was going to lay money on one rider injuring himself in this way, you'd of put it on Josh Bates.

That said how many thousands of youngsters have been messing about on sledges this week?

I remember messing about with ice skates in 1963 which was a much worse spell than this current bad one!

17 minutes ago, 25yearfan said:

If you was going to lay money on one rider injuring himself in this way, you'd of put it on Josh Bates.

That said how many thousands of youngsters have been messing about on sledges this week?

I remember messing about with ice skates in 1963 which was a much worse spell than this current bad one!

Those youngsters probably aren’t starting their season in a few weeks when they are only being paid with what points they score in a bike though

3 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Moto X is fitness and getting your body familiar with a bike again, I agree it’s a freak accident but could have been avoided

Dunno if there's any stats on it, but it would be interesting to see if its more dangerous to ride a moto X bike, or sledge down a hill.

• Like 1

So to confirm, we want to ban speedway riders from doing anything that could injure them because it could effect their club? Yeah, seems fair.

So what happens when Polish club sdemand that "their" riders don't do anything dangerous when they're not riding for them and thus put out a blanket ban on them riding speedway anywhere other than Poland?

So what happens when NL and lower order Championship riders who have days jobs to pay the bills are told by their employers, they can't risk them doing anything dangerous while employed by them so they have to quit riding speedway? I don't see the difference. Speedway riders are humans like the rest of us and nobody stops us sledging or MXing on the weekend*.

*My contract does say if I get injured doing a high risk sport I can be sacked but thats a risk I'm happy to take. And as speedway riders can be sacked on a whim without doing anything bad I doubt they'd be worried if sch a term was added to their contracts.

Edited by SCB

1 hour ago, SCB said:

So to confirm, we want to ban speedway riders from doing anything that could injure them because it could effect their club? Yeah, seems fair.

So what happens when Polish club sdemand that "their" riders don't do anything dangerous when they're not riding for them and thus put out a blanket ban on them riding speedway anywhere other than Poland?

So what happens when NL and lower order Championship riders who have days jobs to pay the bills are told by their employers, they can't risk them doing anything dangerous while employed by them so they have to quit riding speedway? I don't see the difference. Speedway riders are humans like the rest of us and nobody stops us sledging or MXing on the weekend*.

*My contract does say if I get injured doing a high risk sport I can be sacked but thats a risk I'm happy to take. And as speedway riders can be sacked on a whim without doing anything bad I doubt they'd be worried if sch a term was added to their contracts.

we are not saying put a ban on riders, just saying that the antics that josh get up to do beg the question of whether or not he is sane or maybe his dogs aren't barking all at the same time!

• Like 1