Andrew

Sheffield 2018

as josh rode last season then yes you should be allowed r/r

if he hadnt rode last season then national league guest it should be

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scaramanga said:

as josh rode last season then yes you should be allowed r/r

if he hadnt rode last season then national league guest it should be

Not quite. A facility is allowed for a rider in the initial declaration that doesn't start the season. If the team is redeclared, it's then that no facility is allowed.

1 hour ago, Alan_Jones said:

Not quite. A facility is allowed for a rider in the initial declaration that doesn't start the season. If the team is redeclared, it's then that no facility is allowed.

Not exactly. All teams have essentially redeclared as it is the start of the season. Josh was in your declared 1 - 7 at the end of last season therefore you will be allowed a facility. You wouldn't be allowed a facility, for example, Charles Wright, if he was injured elsewhere before your first official fixture as he wasn't previously in your end of season 1-7.

16.5.2.2 No facility is permitted to replace a rider, who although included in a Re-declaration has not made an appearance for that Team since being re-declared.

That is why Poole have had to sign Kildeman on a short term contract to replace the missing Chris Holder. They can't get a facility for Holder as he wasn't at Poole last season.

Edited by leander
  • Like 1

I stand corrected having just re-read the regulations:-

16.5.2 For an absent rider with a) an assessed MA

b ) has been approved in a team’s declared line-up at the start of the season

a 28-day Facility may be granted at MC’s discretion

Though this seems to contradict 16.5.2.2 above

• Like 1

didnt someone get injured in the official practice @ newcastle  , but because the injury took place @ an official practice. newcastle were allowed r/r or guest ?

i think u should ride with a national league guest .... give us diamonds a chance of reaching 30 on Thursday ...............

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jenga said:

didnt someone get injured in the official practice @ newcastle  , but because the injury took place @ an official practice. newcastle were allowed r/r or guest ?

Andrew Tully.

• Like 1

Does anyone recall (as I do) the promise made to loyal, long-suffering fans after the shambles at the end of 2017 when the ambulance failed to turn up and the start was delayed by almost an hour? We were told that if we retained our re-entry tickets there would be half-price admission to the first match of 2018. I've not seen any mention of the offer in any promotional publications and there's nothing on the website. Is this an offer that has been conveniently disregarded?

Was it half price? I thought it was £5.00 off.l  Admittedly I did not take too much notice being a season ticket holder.

Edited by RS50

38 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Does anyone recall (as I do) the promise made to loyal, long-suffering fans after the shambles at the end of 2017 when the ambulance failed to turn up and the start was delayed by almost an hour? We were told that if we retained our re-entry tickets there would be half-price admission to the first match of 2018. I've not seen any mention of the offer in any promotional publications and there's nothing on the website. Is this an offer that has been conveniently disregarded?

i remember it, and i still have my ticket, so i am expecting to get in for half price

Edited by The Third Man

17 hours ago, scaramanga said:

very respectfull offer

and a promotor who deserves the backing of the fans

if only other clubs respected and understand there fans like that speedway would be a much more respected sport instead of a laughing stock

Please see an update below regarding th half price offer from last season's match against Redcar which will noot be valid tonight

When Redcar Bears hit town on April 26, fans who hold entrance tickets from the meeting between the teams at the end of last season will be given admission for half price.

Tigers co-promoter Damien Bates said: “There were suggestions the half price offer was for the opening night, but because the Redcar meeting was far from satisfactory at the end of last season we wanted to give the opportunity for their travelling fans to take advantage of it.

“I don’t think anyone can argue with this decision, we believe it’s in the best interests of everyone

• Like 2