British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

5 minutes ago, RobHowe said:

No,  I’m just a realist who supports his team and the efforts of the promotion - in what has been at times a difficult season - without expecting the speedway utopia that some fans seemingly demand.

There aren't any utopia-seekers on here (they'd be in the wrong place if there were). I've only seen fans who dutifully turn up at the turnstiles week after week and pay their £16 and feel (rightly) that their financial contribution to the team's continued success gives them a right to express a view on the rights and wrongs of team performance. The people on this forum may not all agree with each other - or the promoters - all of the time but they all have one thing in common: they're all die-hard fans of speedway.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 4thbender said:

There aren't any utopia-seekers on here (they'd be in the wrong place if there were). I've only seen fans who dutifully turn up at the turnstiles week after week and pay their £16 and feel (rightly) that their financial contribution to the team's continued success gives them a right to express a view on the rights and wrongs of team performance. The people on this forum may not all agree with each other - or the promoters - all of the time but they all have one thing in common: they're all die-hard fans of speedway.

are you on the owlerton payroll.

1 minute ago, Moranboys said:

are you on the owlerton payroll.

No,  I’m just a realist who supports his team and the efforts of the promotion - in what has been at times a difficult season - without expecting the speedway utopia that some fans seemingly demand.

On 6/20/2018 at 6:22 PM, 4thbender said:

Can't help but think this is a knee-jerk reaction, and one which will bite them in the bum tomorrow night. Frankly I'd never even heard of Broc Nicol and from what I've read I can't imagine for one minute that he'll be scoring points at this level any time soon, let alone be an adequate replacement for the Bates boy. Really sorry for Jack, especially as he was just starting to get his act together. Whilst I'm glad to see Georgie back, I have to ask the question as to why they think he can do a job for us now when they didn't think so at the start of the season.

The changes don't seem to follow any sensible policy.... unless the management have written off any hope of winning anything in 2018 and are experimenting for the future. 

won't be scoring points at this level any time soon eh!5 and 6 paid 8 from his very first two meetings not good enough for you then.

To bring Nicol in they had to drop Smith and bring Wood into get within the points limit. I think Broc has done very well to say he as never seen any tracks in the UK. We should have sorted the situation with Bates out a lot quicker than we did, but it is what it is so let's get behind the team and support all the riders for the rest of the season. Utt.

• Like 1

After tonight's defeat at Scunny in the ko cup, we have 6 more meetings at Owlerton and the season will be over. Because i can't see them getting in the playoffs. That will be great. Me thinks it's time to jack it in.

got to say,dissapointed with the result at scunthorpe last night but not at all surprised given the circumstances.bit surprised at ty who although chipped in with 7 points, is more than capable of a few more.biggest disappointment was richie corral who ,for whatever reasons having a nightmare of a season, in light of this and the fact that ty proctor rode for us anyway, would he have not been the better guest for us initially?massive massive praise to broc nicol who i am confident is going to be very special indeed.to top score on a track he has never seen before deserves immense praise and hope this continues at the fours tomorrow.well done broc.does anyone know if charles wright is fit to ride in the fours?if not will it be james as replacement with georgic reserve?

Exceptional performance from Broc Nichol last night. There can't be many 'unknowns' from overseas who have come in and top scored in only their second away meeting. Very well done lad.

4 minutes ago, Blackadder said:

Exceptional performance from Broc Nichol last night. There can't be many 'unknowns' from overseas who have come in and top scored in only their second away meeting. Very well done lad.

Twice I've seen him now (Glasgow H & Scunthorpe A) and the kid looks very good. Just hopeful that a deal is in place for next season . because he could take some stopping after already having a skid at the majority

Glad to see the Broc knockers have gone quiet.We don't want him being top scorer every meeting or his average will rocket for next season..I think the promotion should be getting some credit for his services after the slating they've had recently.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, graz gp said:

After tonight's defeat at Scunny in the ko cup, we have 6 more meetings at Owlerton and the season will be over. Because i can't see them getting in the playoffs. That will be great. Me thinks it's time to jack it in.

6 in total.. 3 in the main holiday season so I only see 3 for rest of the season... this riding fortnightly and arranging meetings on a England world cup night I will have managed only 7 meetings all season .. I also went to Scunthorpe last night and that was poor, cold, dusty and no passing so probably won't return there in July either... after last year I was so optimistic we would kick on but hey ho.

Ha Ha! What a comment from a Sheffield fan about no passing. There is only one sort of passing at Owlerton & that is the passing of wind!!!!!!