British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

I really do not know what to make of all this. I can't see Kasper Andersen scoring more at home than what Bjerre would ? Mountain is OK, did well in the TOP GUN but apart from that i just do not know what to make of all this. Seems as if something behind the scenes has gone off and theres definitely more to the Bjerre saga i reckon.

Can anyone enlighten me to some of Andersens scores of late ?

1 minute ago, OdsalBoy said:

I really do not know what to make of all this. I can't see Kasper Andersen scoring more at home than what Bjerre would ? Mountain is OK, did well in the TOP GUN but apart from that i just do not know what to make of all this. Seems as if something behind the scenes has gone off and theres definitely more to the Bjerre saga i reckon.

not too bothered really what he scores.speedway in general has gone off the rails with rider changes galore.will i be ar..ed next season?who knows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like as if this has got anything to do with improving the team by swapping Bjerre for Anderson. Mountain for Lawlor yes and improvement, but does anyone really think this is about anything other than getting rid of Bjerre. Knowing everyone involved pretty well I would imagine Lasse has spoken out of turn once too often

7 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

Very, Very poor around King's Lynn. Quite frankly he has looked a liability ( and very unsteady ). In his final ride before he was injured at KL he looked sharper and more on the pace. But around Sheffield, he will need to step up a level ( or two ). Just can't see it benefitting anyone except him. Unless he can really find his feet ready for next year. No way on earth can he currently be compared to Bjerre.

9 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

Lasse gets sacked at Sheffield and Kenneth got sacked earlier at Leicester  . Same promoters involved , I wonder if there is a connection here. Other than that I can't see why they would want to sack one of there most consistant  home riders . It just doesn't add up' 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Lasse gets sacked at Sheffield and Kenneth got sacked earlier at Leicester  . Same promoters involved , I wonder if there is a connection here. Other than that I can't see why they would want to sack one of there most consistant  home riders . It just doesn't add up' 

no.2 plus 2 now equals 5 in speedway.totally bonkers

oh well, it seems this season has already ended, cant see very good crowds for the last two home meeting when it looks like we could lose them both

when was the last time we have lost 5 in a row at home?

And very poor treatment of a rider, who it looks like cant get another club this season, one of the riders who played a large part in winning the league and pairs last season

Edited by The Third Man

58 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

He is young and raw, we saw bits and pieces of potential earlier in the season but also races where he looked out if his depth. His gating wasn't great either so I think riding in the top five of a CL team will be tough for him but I would expect him to get better with each meeting and score some points. As has been said though certainly not near the level of Bjerre.

These are his stats from Lynn's website (matches, rides, points, bonus, GSA,  ave, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ret, except)

Kasper Andersen 7 22 14 5 2.55 3.45 0 3 8 9 1 1

40 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He is young and raw, we saw bits and pieces of potential earlier in the season but also races where he looked out if his depth. His gating wasn't great either so I think riding in the top five of a CL team will be tough for him but I would expect him to get better with each meeting and score some points. As has been said though certainly not near the level of Bjerre.

These are his stats from Lynn's website (matches, rides, points, bonus, GSA,  ave, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ret, except)

Kasper Andersen 7 22 14 5 2.55 3.45 0 3 8 9 1 1

Roughly around 3 rides per meeting at reserve and 0 heat wins. Let's be honest if Simon Lambert replaced Bjerre it'd be a joke, should be no different because he's a young Dane. Rubbish is rubbish.

1 hour ago, The Third Man said:

oh well, it seems this season has already ended, cant see very good crowds for the last two home meeting when it looks like we could lose them both

when was the last time we have lost 5 in a row at home?

And very poor treatment of a rider, who it looks like cant get another club this season, one of the riders who played a large part in winning the league and pairs last season

There has to be an underlying reason that Sheffield promotion are not willing to go into details. which might embarrass one or both parties.

15 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Roughly around 3 rides per meeting at reserve and 0 heat wins. Let's be honest if Simon Lambert replaced Bjerre it'd be a joke, should be no different because he's a young Dane. Rubbish is rubbish.

The difference is that Simon Lambert has been around for fourteen years and has reached his level, Kasper is nineteen and in theory could be a lot better than he is now. He may not be but at this stage nobody knows. Certainly a big ask for him to fill Bjerre's shoes right now though.

Seems a strange move but he wasn't in the original line up for 2018 it was only when Lawson went to lakeside that we signed Lasse.I think there was problems last season with him.Anyway the changes have been made so we go with what we've got lets just hope Connor can score a few points from reserve.I bet Newcastle can't wait for Thursday now and mr lindgren might make a rare sheffield appearance as we will be a lot weaker and fancy getting amongst the points.

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

There has to be an underlying reason that Sheffield promotion are not willing to go into details. which might embarrass one or both parties.

They can save on Bjerre now that their season is almost over.