British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

Think a few more Sheffield supporters will make the short journey up the M18 and M180  to watch more entertaining racing at the EWR.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Think a few more Sheffield supporters will make the short journey up the M18 and M180  to watch more entertaining racing at the EWR.

Wont be able to Sheffield win there either, so I will give it a miss thanks

33 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Shame on you for trying to make advances towards Sheffield supporters when things are not going right for there own team , no doubt you would like them to go out of business and think you will collect a large chunk of there supporters in the process.

46 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

7 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Shame on you for trying to make advances towards Sheffield supporters when things are not going right for there own team , no doubt you would like them to go out of business and think you will collect a large chunk of there supporters in the process.

Surely this is an illegal approach? :rofl:

Think you will find that already lots of Sheffield fans go to the EWR to get their fix of races with passing in.:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

22 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Think you will find that already lots of Sheffield fans go to the EWR to get their fix of races with passing in.:D

name 1/2 a dozen !

3 Sheffield promotors for a start plus 1 ex  Sheffield team manager and yes they do get in for free.

• Like 1

Who's next out of the revolving door at Owlerton? This to-ing and fro-ing is not doing the promoters' reputation any good. The general perception has always been that Sheffield was one of the fairer clubs - always paying on time and looking after their assets. That reputation must have taken a huge battering with a growing list of riders having been shown the door since May. The rumours of riders being fired in bar-room bust-ups does not auger well for the future team-building policy. If the rumours have any substance, putting together a team for 2019 may cause some unexpected difficulties for a promotion which engages in such disreputable conduct.

For the first time in 53 years I can't wait for the season to end so that a veil can be drawn over this most unedifying spectacle. The management should really consider making a statement to fans about what factors have conspired to pull the rug from under last season's league champions. This has been a season of deeply humiliating disappointment for fans and we deserve an explanation.   

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Who's next out of the revolving door at Owlerton? This to-ing and fro-ing is not doing the promoters' reputation any good. The general perception has always been that Sheffield was one of the fairer clubs - always paying on time and looking after their assets. That reputation must have taken a huge battering with a growing list of riders having been shown the door since May. The rumours of riders being fired in bar-room bust-ups does not auger well for the future team-building policy. If the rumours have any substance, putting together a team for 2019 may cause some unexpected difficulties for a promotion which engages in such disreputable conduct.

For the first time in 53 years I can't wait for the season to end so that a veil can be drawn over this most unedifying spectacle. The management should really consider making a statement to fans about what factors have conspired to pull the rug from under last season's league champions. This has been a season of deeply humiliating disappointment for fans and we deserve an explanation.   

The incident in the Panarama room isn't rumour, it was Lasse who put it out on his twitter account and was confirmed by Nike Lunna who witnessed it happen. It has since been confirmed that he's been replaced in the team.

As for getting an explanation from the management about what's been happening off track, well good luck with that. Don't think they're going to be washing their dirty laundry in public. As for 2019 team building keep your fingers crossed for that, can see one of the promotion possibly abandoning the sinking ship at the end of the season, I hope not but I think it's on the cards! 

11 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

I really do not know what to make of all this. I can't see Kasper Andersen scoring more at home than what Bjerre would ? Mountain is OK, did well in the TOP GUN but apart from that i just do not know what to make of all this. Seems as if something behind the scenes has gone off and theres definitely more to the Bjerre saga i reckon.

Can anyone enlighten me to some of Andersens scores of late ?

On one or two occasions this season, Leicester could have brought in Lasse Bjerre, a rider with an association with the club having been with the Lions during the PL years and having spells in the EL/PL since then. But the opportunities went by, which made me think that for whatever reason he isn't exactly top of the Bateses Christmas cards list. I heard that when he was with the Lions in the PL days he could be a bit frustrating to manage but had thought he'd grown out of it. Maybe not?

I think a little perspective needs to be had with a few fans and about our current promotion.

Last season, one of the best for many years as a Sheffield fan. The promotion put together a superb team, drafted in a superb guy in Simon Stead to be team manager, and really gave us fans a season not to forget.

This season, unfortunately, has not gone to plan. They obviously had a line up in mind and thought they had Lawson, until he changed his mind and went to Lakeside. Maybe Lasse coming in wasn't the only change they had to make once Lawson decided otherwise? The issue with Josh Bates they obviously got wrong, and I'm sure will hold there hands up too.

Gravesen coming in seemed a sensible decision, and he deserved another chance after his great performances last season. Again, unfortunately it didn't work out. Team changes made again and bringing in Broc and Georgie, I thought was a good move. Broc has done ok so far, but unfortunately Georgie struggled.

The issue with Bjerre I think has been on the cards for a while! A great rider, but not the easiest guy to manage by the sound of things (I have never met or spoke to the guy so that's just an opinion from the outside looking in).

Our performances this past month have not been good enough, and I'm sure the riders & promotion will fully understand the fans frustration.

The promotion no doubt will know they have made a fair few mistakes this season, but I have enough faith in these guys that next season they will do what's needed and put together another good side. We have no chance of reaching the play offs, so making team changes is not a bad idea at all. Anderson may surprise a few, who knows, but its worth a shot to see what him and Connor can do now till the end of the season. If they can't show what the promotion are looking for, then they can access that and decide for next season. We do not have squad systems or training etc like most other sports, so the only way to see how a rider is, is the sign him and give him a go in your team!

I will be at all meetings for the rest of the season, bar Edinburgh away, and I will once again be there next season no matter what riders we have.

I am a Sheffield supporter, not a glory supporter. I will support my club through the good and bad times!

Frustrated fans I understand, but fickle fans who cannot accept bad times within a season, are what really grind my gears!

Edited by Bostonian
  • Like 6

Bjeere does look hard work to manage as we have seen first hand as we stand near pits at sheffield but the bates dont like people with opinions they seem power happy you say anything they just seem to shout at people and get the face on

• Like 1