British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

5 hours ago, RS50 said:

Thanks. Thought there was some rule like that. Hope they get decent guest.

All things considered I'd say this week is a certainty for a rain-off. Forecast for Thursday is showers - expect an early announcement on Thursday morning (it's not as if the fixture list is too crowded to accommodate the re-run!) 

54 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

All things considered I'd say this week is a certainty for a rain-off. Forecast for Thursday is showers - expect an early announcement on Thursday morning (it's not as if the fixture list is too crowded to accommodate the re-run!) 

cant see any rain for Thursday, if it is called off they will a different excuse than the rain

From the rule book, re Charles Wright:-

A facility is available for a rider who is sick or carrying a non-speedway injury for which a Medical Certificate must be supplied to the SCB within 48 hours of the sickness / injury occurring in which case the Rider will receive a mandatory 7 days suspension of his SCB Registration from the day of the meeting.

1 minute ago, romans lovechild said:

i would go for josh auty or ben barker,

only one rider for me and the is the guy sponsored by the company as the Sheffield team.

No one fancy rider replacement for Charles then?

I agree with Spin,Jason would be my first choice,then Ty.

On 8/14/2018 at 2:10 PM, jenga said:

think josh is on a polish licence . i have been wrong before ,but i cant think when !

But he's riding for Poole in the British premiership, please tell me what the rules on that are as I don't know?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

But he's riding for Poole in the British premiership, please tell me what the rules on that are as I don't know?

Riders on Polish licenses can only race in Britains top flight, the Premiership

• Thanks 1

Two weeks ago Woods was out and Lawlor was in. Tonight (Thursday) Lawlor is out and Mountain is in. Tomorrow at Edinburgh Mountain is out and Lawlor is back in. I can't keep up with this.

6 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Two weeks ago Woods was out and Lawlor was in. Tonight (Thursday) Lawlor is out and Mountain is in. Tomorrow at Edinburgh Mountain is out and Lawlor is back in. I can't keep up with this.

Its just mathmatical technicalities :)

When the bates team took over they said they wanted to build a team to win trophies And that's what they've done.Theyve had loads of injuries to contend with and have generally got the best guests available unlike mr machin who use to go cheap and cheerful .Each season we've improved and last season won the league.Brilliant achievement.This season has been poor apart from winning the pairs.In any sport nobody wins every match no matter who they are.I think some fans need to realise that after winning the leagu your team gets broke up and you start from scratch.The promotion wanted Josh back at number one,obvious choice but he wanted to ride in Poland then we wanted Lawson and he went for more money allegedly so then we went back for Lasse and built the team with 3 heat leaders of equal quality but no top notch number 1.Im lead to believe they weren't happy with Lasse last season but put up with him for this season.Obviously they had another fall out and with no better option to replace him with Anderson.I feel as frustrated with this season as anyone as I hate losing but we've just got to accept what we've got,one set of fixtures and a weak team.Im confident next season the bates will have learned a lot more than last season and build a better team.If it's possible a reserve pairing of nicol and mountain next season might be where we start team building.So let's get the next two weeks out of the way,hope a sheffield rider wins the PLRC and move on. Moaning on here solves nothing,it is what it is.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Riders on Polish licenses can only race in Britains top flight, the Premiership

Thanks for that, just more 'red tape', thought in the good old EU workers could ply their trade through out, glad we're coming out...... eventually!

Seems like the promotion wanted to go out with the fans behind them if you believe what I've just read in the SS! They apparently tried to sign Woofinden for the end of the season to replace Bjerre, but there were too many fixture clashes so it wasn't on.  Think that would've brought a few more through the turnstiles on Thursday evenings.

However can't see how Kasper Andersen was the next best rider they could get, possibly had to go that way to bring in Connor Mountain!

Think CharlieBoy is right though, they have been trying hard to build decent teams and we had a decent team until the end of July when they suddenly couldn't get out of the gates at home. Is there something else going on here or am I, and quite a few others reading too much into this? 

3 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

Seems like the promotion wanted to go out with the fans behind them if you believe what I've just read in the SS! They apparently tried to sign Woofinden for the end of the season to replace Bjerre, but there were too many fixture clashes so it wasn't on.  Think that would've brought a few more through the turnstiles on Thursday evenings.

However can't see how Kasper Andersen was the next best rider they could get, possibly had to go that way to bring in Connor Mountain!

Think CharlieBoy is right though, they have been trying hard to build decent teams and we had a decent team until the end of July when they suddenly couldn't get out of the gates at home. Is there something else going on here or am I, and quite a few others reading too much into this? 

After an amazing season like 2017 it might be expected that the team might struggle to maintain past glories and some level of disappointing performances might be understandable. But to go from hero to zero in the space of half a season - losing three home matches on the bounce by big margins - suggests there's something rotten at the heart of team morale.

A drop-off in form I can understand, but such a spectacular and sudden descent into chaos in virtually every department can't be put down to random coincidence. There DEFINITELY has to be more to it than meets the eye.

WOFFY TO sHEFF . now thats what you call proper spiel .