British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

4 hours ago, 4thbender said:

After an amazing season like 2017 it might be expected that the team might struggle to maintain past glories and some level of disappointing performances might be understandable. But to go from hero to zero in the space of half a season - losing three home matches on the bounce by big margins - suggests there's something rotten at the heart of team morale.

A drop-off in form I can understand, but such a spectacular and sudden descent into chaos in virtually every department can't be put down to random coincidence. There DEFINITELY has to be more to it than meets the eye.

Let's see what the departure of Bjerre does to team morale. From what's on f/book I understand he was abusive towards the travelling Sheffield fans at Worky last week, or is that incorrect? Can anyone tell me exactly what was said/happened as I wasn't there and no one I know was either?

never seen or heard any rumblings from sheff fans against bjerre or vice versa . must have been an isolated incident . didnt actually see or hear any tigers fans either . 

so looks like is mister bates COULD be the problem .... but dont quote me on that . i have used up the 2018 quota of  ????  .

Edited by jenga

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:56 PM, OdsalBoy said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

You still laughing Odsalboy?  Get yourself to the EWR for some real racing because your management have stuffed your season big style. 

35 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

You still laughing Odsalboy?  Get yourself to the EWR for some real racing because your management have stuffed your season big style. 

Believe me when i say humble pie is being eaten as we speak mate, however despite the current mess i could never turn my back on the Tigers.

• Like 1

Tweet from Kyle Howarth to shut up those “the riders arent being paid” bulls**t 

Rode for @TigersSpeedway for the past two years, never had an issued getting paid off them and I still don’t, no other team members have ever moaned about getting paid either! #pettyrumours

• Like 3

unfortunetley thats how and why rumours start when a team suddenly forgets how  to ride to win .

just that some folk like to dig up an excuse or a proper stab from an non sheff supporter . 

2 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Tweet from Kyle Howarth to shut up those “the riders arent being paid” bulls**t 

Rode for @TigersSpeedway for the past two years, never had an issued getting paid off them and I still don’t, no other team members have ever moaned about getting paid either! #pettyrumours

Well done Kyle, perhaps some Posters will have the good grace to apologise now

• Like 3

10 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Well done Kyle, perhaps some Posters will have the good grace to apologise now

You'd like to think so wouldn't you?

Sadly, and for whatever reason, some people have to find a crisis or drama when there isn't one.

This inevitably leads to overreaction on the scale that we've seen in recent weeks.

Its seemingly not possible to just have a bad season these days - in any sport. There always has to be some sinister underlying reason or some conspiracy theory as to why a team has a bad run. Rumours are spread and people will naturally start to believe them. Thankfully Kyle has put these rumours to bed.

The upshot is that we have had a very disappointing and frustrating few weeks. Confidence is obviously and very visibly low, possibly high expectation levels have contributed to this, but for whatever reason it just hasn't been working. 

And that is essentially it. No crisis, no drama, we're just having a bad run. It happens.

In what are difficult times for the sport you'd like to think that every speedway fan would pull together and in the same direction by supporting their team, the riders and the promoters.

Unless of course they want to take some perverse satisfaction from helping to bring down the sport that they purport to love.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RobHowe said:

You'd like to think so wouldn't you?

Sadly, and for whatever reason, some people have to find a crisis or drama when there isn't one.

This inevitably leads to overreaction on the scale that we've seen in recent weeks.

Its seemingly not possible to just have a bad season these days - in any sport. There always has to be some sinister underlying reason or some conspiracy theory as to why a team has a bad run. Rumours are spread and people will naturally start to believe them. Thankfully Kyle has put these rumours to bed.

The upshot is that we have had a very disappointing and frustrating few weeks. Confidence is obviously and very visibly low, possibly high expectation levels have contributed to this, but for whatever reason it just hasn't been working. 

And that is essentially it. No crisis, no drama, we're just having a bad run. It happens.

In what are difficult times for the sport you'd like to think that every speedway fan would pull together and in the same direction by supporting their team, the riders and the promoters.

Unless of course they want to take some perverse satisfaction from helping to bring down the sport that they purport to love.

And that's what it is - a run, not a season.  Some people who have been going long enough to really know better have been saying "worst ever" and stuff like that. 

I don't know if it's frustration or what, but some people come across as being utterly delighted when a rider doesn't do anything. I'm not making it up either - I've heard them. 

Re being paid, I do wonder though about some riders, Neil Machin was well known for not paying that well (I've no idea about what the Bates' do), but riders were always paid every penny on the dot.  But some riders do seem to prefer to take the risk of getting hardly anything, rather than a guaranteed lower amount, judging by what you hear about some of them being owed money. 

38 minutes ago, Tigerblade said:

Some people who have been going long enough to really know better have been saying "worst ever" and stuff like that. 

That's one of the most disappointing things.

Reactionary, heat of the moment stuff like that should really be kept to yourself.

But when people see fit to post it on social media the danger is that it gets taken as gospel and the negativity then perpetuates.

I believe I heard that Sheffield were contractually oblidged to the stadium landlords to stage 20 meetings minimum this year.  Can anyone confirm if they are aware of this? The CLRC will be the 19th match at Owlerton. Will we get a 20th?

Edited by RS50

8 minutes ago, RS50 said:

I believe I heard that Sheffield were contractually obliterated to the stadium landlords to stage 20 meetings minimum this year.  Can anyone confirm if they are aware of this? The CLRC will be the 19th match at Owlerton. Will we get a 20th?

They’ll probably be obliged to stage twenty but if not they’ll be obliterated.☹️

14 minutes ago, RS50 said:

I believe I heard that Sheffield were contractually obliterated to the stadium landlords to stage 20 meetings minimum this year.  Can anyone confirm if they are aware of this? The CLRC will be the 19th match at Owlerton. Will we get a 20th?

4 minutes ago, JoeW said:

They’ll probably be obliged to stage twenty but if not they’ll be obliterated.☹️

Isn't Auto Correct wonderful?? :D

• Like 1