British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

1 hour ago, Cue Ball said:

Although 3 Premier League footballers did nick a taxi the other week in order to get back to their hotel...

Wind yer neck in

Won't wind my neck in cheers, it's a forum to give opinions :)

As for the West Brom players, every book available should have been thrown at them for that.

• Like 1

Josh just tweeted this:

More

Hi everyone just an update after the operation. It went well and I’ve been able to sit up and stand up (briefly) today. All being well I will go home Monday / Tuesday. Hope to be racing late April. Thank you for all your messages 

5 minutes ago, Badge said:

Josh just tweeted this:

More

Hi everyone just an update after the operation. It went well and I’ve been able to sit up and stand up (briefly) today. All being well I will go home Monday / Tuesday. Hope to be racing late April. Thank you for all your messages 

Would imaging that Sheffield will be allowed a facility till Josh returns. No re-declaration. 

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Exactly Dave,,, that wudda been silly !!!

Not too long ago (about 5 years) I watched a video of a speedway rider riding a bmx down some stairs, in a house...

There was others riders there, all jovial and that,,, not sure which one it was, or if it was before either of them had broke their leg,,, but am sure Diamonds fans know what I mean ;)

Yes, I know who were involved as well. If you remember they had placed a mattress against the facing wall and they certainly needed it.

The same crew got a canoe attached to the back of a Transit and rode around the streets in the West End at night as if it was a sledge. CRAZY.

Edited by Tsunami

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

BTW Dave,,, re. plastic bags...

did you or do you still wear bread bags on your feet in the winter, to keep them warm and dry ???

and were they, 'Mothers Pride' or 'Sunblest' (thick or thin) ;)

Had to be Sunblest and thick. :P

38 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, I know who were involved as well. If you remember they had placed a mattress against the facing wall and they certainly needed it.

The same crew got a canoe attached to the back of a Transit and rode around the streets in the West End at night as if it was a sledge. CRAZY.

Tha mental,,, but a suppose they've gotta be, doing what they do, lol

37 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Had to be Sunblest and thick. :P

Thats anuf about you Dave ;)

Just now, ruffdiamond said:

Thats anuf about you Dave ;)

You'll be toast when I meet you. :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Would imaging that Sheffield will be allowed a facility till Josh returns. No re-declaration. 

Surely not its a non speedway injury 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, geoff100 said:

8 hours ago, geoff100 said:

There is a precedent . Few years ago my own team , Glasgow , had signed Ross Brady . Couple of weeks before the start of the season he broke his collar bone on an indoor ski slope during a team bonding day out . We were allowed to use r/r until he was fit enough to take his place in the side . 

1 minute ago, Paulco said:

There is a precedent . Few years ago my own team , Glasgow , had signed Ross Brady . Couple of weeks before the start of the season he broke his collar bone on an indoor ski slope during a team bonding day out . We were allowed to use r/r until he was fit enough to take his place in the side . 

At the risk of being - for the second time today - uncharacteristically cynical, since when did precedent have anything to do with speedway ? 

I suspect, however, that on this occasion you might - and should - be right.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paulco said:

So maybe, if Josh was to say he was sledging as say, part of his fitness campaign (instead of jogging, say),,, there may be a case ?

31 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

So maybe, if Josh was to say he was sledging as say, part of his fitness campaign (instead of jogging, say),,, there may be a case ?

31 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

The point was that r/r has been used in the past for an injury sustained before the start of the season 

12 minutes ago, Paulco said:

The point was that r/r has been used in the past for an injury sustained before the start of the season 

Yeah, I get that,,, but the point I was making was, that a rider is granted r/r for a non speedway injury (skiing),,, which is probly a bit more dangerous than sledging, so, what is the difference ?,,,yet a rider is being slated for it.I'm not saying that Sheffield should get a facility, but like you say, it has been granted in the past for a non speedway incident.