British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

7 hours ago, Hel'n'Back said:

Great if you've got an iphone which I haven't!

Don't think you need an iphone.

Big ask in main body of team. But it should take the pressure of the reserves. But Jan will give it a right go, so let's all get behind him. utt

7 minutes ago, graz gp said:

Big ask in main body of team. But it should take the pressure of the reserves. But Jan will give it a right go, so let's all get behind him. utt

Probably the best option out there.

One thing I do know is that the Rider Replacement was not working.  

I wonder where they put Jan in the team, personally I would put him in at number 2 and Todd at 4.

• Like 1

He should be ok at home, although think people will probably see what a difference riding in the main body makes. Away from home I’m not sure that it will net us many more points than r/r - hopefully I’m wrong 

Gravvo is a good temporary signing, knows his way around Owlerton and will bag some points here and there, main body of team at away circuits could be a bit hit and miss but all in all a solid rider.

Welcome back UTT.

Jan did a brilliant job for us last season at reserve and to be fair he was beating more than the opposition reserves.I think Steady needs to get into his head and convince him that riding at reserve only gives him heat 2 as an easy ride.Jan was coming into races against heat leaders and 2nd strings and gating on them and beating them numerous times.Get his head right and we will benefit from it .

• Like 1

matt fraud strikes again . 

Kyle Howarth has been selected for the GP Qualifier at Abensberg, Germany on Monday May 21, along with Craig Cook. 

Robert Lambert and Dan Bewley are in the Qualifier at Slangerup, Denmark on May 19.

Congratulations Kyle.

• Like 2

How can a rider at a Thursday Championship club sign for a Premiership side also riding half their home meetings on a Thursday?

Peterborough were blocked from signing Cook previously and had to switch race night to do so

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blackadder said:

In the SS, Josh Bates is out for the season. Team changes likely next week.

I haven't seen the report in the Star yet, but there was always a possibility that the back injury was more serious than anyone anticipated. I hope the injury doesn't bring a premature end to a promising speedway career. JB was always a mercurial talent, so let's hope he bounces back next year and takes up where he left off.