British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

51 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Think Berwick have been stopped at least a couple of times. 1st time I think was Moggo or Banger (or both).

Think also David Meldrum and another that I have forgotten.

Banger.

So we welcome the return of Georgie Wood, and American youngster Broc Nicol!

Very chuffed with the return of Georgie and surprised he wasnt given a team place at the start to be honest.

I dont know much about young Broc Nicol - i hear he has scored well in some meetings over here so lets see, probably best not to apply too much pressure to this young man, lets just see how he goes ?

also heard whispers that Josh G could be returning in place of Lasse - that shocks me to be honest as i think Lasse has done a good job for us and on his day can beat anyone, especially around the fast lanes of the wonderful Owlerton.

We shal see ! UTT

I think they want to replace Lasse due to his poor away form which is understandable. Round owlerton he's been awesome 

Personally wouldn’t want to see Lasse go. We aren’t going to win anything this year and so would prefer to stick with a team that wins and entertains at home - Lasse is the most entertaining rider we have and drops very few points at home...

• Like 1

Re: Georgie - I did hear a story that he'd said the travelling was a bit much, therefore it might not have been down to the Sheffield promotion as to why he wasn't in contention to start this season.  Anyway, it's nice to have him back, although I do feel a bit for Jack as he wasn't really doing anything wrong, had been struggling with machinery, and last week was his best performance of the season, but sometimes that's how it goes. 

3 hours ago, Cue Ball said:

Personally wouldn’t want to see Lasse go. We aren’t going to win anything this year and so would prefer to stick with a team that wins and entertains at home - Lasse is the most entertaining rider we have and drops very few points at home...

Agree with this entirely. Lasse is no start-tart and tends to do things the hard way. This gives him loads of opportunities to demonstrate his dives around the air fence which by anyone's standards are a wonder to behold. No-one goes to the bar when Lasse's on track and we should keep him at all costs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cue Ball said:

That's all well and good at home, but Lasse is a massive liability away. Its still a long season to go, so to write us off already is just wrong. Anything can happen, espcially in a play off situation, if we can bring in someone who can do the job home & away then Lasse should absolutely go or there's no point in the fans showing up! 

3 hours ago, spin king junior said:

That's all well and good at home, but Lasse is a massive liability away. Its still a long season to go, so to write us off already is just wrong. Anything can happen, espcially in a play off situation, if we can bring in someone who can do the job home & away then Lasse should absolutely go or there's no point in the fans showing up! 

Agree entirely.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, spin king junior said:

At home Lasse is our top scorer with an average of 10.34. Away from home he's our third top scorer, but less than 2 points a match behind Kyle Howarth. I think he'll have better days than the ones against Ipswich and Newcastle which I would write of as "blips." It would be a massive risk to even consider dispensing with his services IMO.

• Like 3

If we can get josh g back it's a no brainer.away form better and equally as good at home.To win the league you must get points away and Lasse has been nowhere near where he should be.If your heat leader scores zero your going to get spanked.His recent riding at home has been excellent some of his moves have been  awesome and if he rode like that away we would be top of the league.

i dont attend many meetings away,therefore im not really interested in away meetings, i attend my speedway to be entertained and not watch gate and go,to even think of dispensing with lasse would be absolutely stupid in my eyes,one of the top 10 entertainers around owlerton in the last 40 years,and his rides around owlerton should get the fans purring with delight.

it seems in these times that a lot of people concerned with the sport in an administrative way or be it spectator wise,have a win at all costs mentality,soon if a team does not win anything in any given season it will be going like football and sacking the manager. 

edit.... oh and that nicol kid can ride a bike for the doubters.

Edited by romans lovechild
  • Like 1

I would guess from a promotors point of view they want a team thats top 4 which means they need to get points home and away which keeps the interest alive with the chance of winning the league. More meetings means more profit.While they've been in office we've had better teams and they are not afraid to make changes to try and win things.The crowds have improved we are the current champions and hopefully we will make the play offs again.I have no problem with lasses home form he's terrific to watch but josh g can beat people from the back and get points away so I think that is why they would look to change.Only my opinion.It might not be allowed any way but at least it's got the best out of Lasse ,let's hope he can improve away and we will be fine.I must agree Nichol looked decent last night hope the crash doesn't knock his confidence.Hope he's the trump card at Newcastle ,small tracks should suit him.

On 6/22/2018 at 6:48 PM, Charlieboy said:

If we can get josh g back it's a no brainer.away form better and equally as good at home.To win the league you must get points away and Lasse has been nowhere near where he should be.If your heat leader scores zero your going to get spanked.His recent riding at home has been excellent some of his moves have been  awesome and if he rode like that away we would be top of the league.

Josh G will not be back this season ,as he holds a polish licence this year

Not too sure if any of these are still available

Saul Bulley, Mason Searsby, Danno Verge, Mark Baseby, Luke Harris, Andy Mellish, David Speight & Jordan Hatcher are some names that spring to mind. 

• Haha 1