British Speedway Forum
Andrew

Sheffield 2018

Out of interest what night will Sheffield be switching too - if you stay at this level?

I would be seriously surprised is Sheffield's race night was switched. Big big risk in my opinion.

Thursday night is speedway night for many a die hard Sheffield Tigers fan.

Now that is the big question. Wednesday or Sunday those are the only days available because of the dog racing. I think the plan is to run in the Championship. But you never know anything can happen in speedway. I would like it to be Wednesday. Sunday a no go for me. utt.

Now that is the big question. Wednesday or Sunday those are the only days available because of the dog racing. I think the plan is to run in the Championship. But you never know anything can happen in speedway. I would like it to be Wednesday. Sunday a no go for me. utt.

and i am the opposit, but i dont want Sundays either

I would be seriously surprised is Sheffield's race night was switched. Big big risk in my opinion.

Thursday night is speedway night for many a die hard Sheffield Tigers fan.

Like with Redcar and any team in the second tier, you won't have a choice - Monday and Thursday's will be top-flight only - which for me I think we have let them have a go at, and will cut down the guests etc which we all hate.

Ben Wilson knows his way around owlerton and could do some damage in our home meetings down at reserve, was just a whacky idea.

Also saw earlier posts about Cameron Heeps - yes please!

As for no.1 scotty nicholls or Brady Kurtz for me.

If we go up to top league then you can have heeps Double up....if we dont hands off! Club asset and off the back of his best season wont be anywhere but Ipswich!!

I am sure i have read somewhere that the tigers are running in the championship. They say they are looking to keep most of the champion from last season, and are just waiting for the points limit to come out of the meeting this weekend. I can see the team being all done and dusted pretty quickly.utt

I am sure i have read somewhere that the tigers are running in the championship. They say they are looking to keep most of the champion from last season, and are just waiting for the points limit to come out of the meeting this weekend. I can see the team being all done and dusted pretty quickly.utt

As is the norm every year league winning sides usually have to shed 2-3 riders, so to keep most of last seasons team will be difficult.

It is ludicrous that you get punished for being successful.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 4

I totally agree. But the points limit will mean they have no choice but to change the team. utt

Yes, he has signed for Greg Hancock's new team Rzeszow in Poland's Division Two.

Ah thank you, I wasn't sure which club. Will be a good move for him I think, but as I said before it better not stop his chance of coming back to the Tigers!

Edited by SheffieldTigersFan

Kyle Howarth has signed for a Polish Club. Glad he's making big moves, but it better not stop him from being at Sheff next year!!

Does that mean no sunday racing at Owlerton at all next season or is this the last we have seen of Kyle ?

It shouldn't affect Sheffield at all. Josh Grajczonek rode in Poland in 2017, and it didn't cause any issues.

On page one of this thread there was a post stating that Sheffield would have to move up or change their race night as the Premiership were going to be riding Mondays and Thursdays and that this had been agreed by the BSPA at a pre- AGM meeting. There have been many other posts regarding this since. Well here we are just before the AGM and Damien Bates is on record in todays Speedway Star saying nothing has been decided re race nights and nothing will be until it's thrashed out at the said AGM this weekend.

He talks about Mondays and Thursdays and Mondays and Wednesdays and that with 3 potential Championship Clubs (Sheffield, Ipswich and Redcar) being Thursday tracks the second option might be more suited. Chris Louis also alludes to this.

So Thursday people all is not yet lost as here are two promotors who seem to have their heads screwed on, are batting for you. I'd also include the guy at Redcar (Keays) as he seems a sensible type also!

• Like 4