British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve69

2018 Warsaw Gp

Really don't understand why so many moan about Woffinden.

Pity there are not more Brits like it.

• Like 5

Cooks a brit so I will support him through and through whether he is first or last.

• Like 4

Good meeting and cracking final ride from Tai that deserved the win. Good advert for the sport and what a great crowd

Ill be controversial and say I thought the referee had a good meeting too. Consistent re starts and took his time to make sure of his decisions

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bellevueace said:

He was always going to be way out of his depth, I want him to do well but fear what we saw tonight could be the norm, my pre season fear was how a poor GP series could impact negatively on his BV form, we saw last season after a poor Cardiff and WC that negative impact. His club form hasn,t really taken off yet either.

He made some good gates ,but whereas that was good enough for him in the Championship in GB it means nothing in GP ,got swamped every 1st lap.He did qualify to ride in the GP and deserves his chance.Not in the same league as Harris at his best and he struggled.He is not a youngster either.Good Luck to him though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orbiter said:

Cooks a brit so I will support him through and through whether he is first or last.

We are all supporting him but on last nights showing he will be last in every GP.      He led one race but wouldn't put his bike anywhere near where a challenge was coming from.   Compare with Tai in his semi final.   He could have been hit from behind or clipped wheels and sent tumbling.  If Cook is to succeed he have to show a willingness to get into tough situations.    Riding safe will see him fail.  How much does he want it ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark said:

We are all supporting him but on last nights showing he will be last in every GP.      He led one race but wouldn't put his bike anywhere near where a challenge was coming from.   Compare with Tai in his semi final.   He could have been hit from behind or clipped wheels and sent tumbling.  If Cook is to succeed he have to show a willingness to get into tough situations.    Riding safe will see him fail.  How much does he want it ?

Total crap Cook was put in positions that he has never been put in before ok he come second best but he would of learned an awful lot.Mark can you remember Tai in his maiden GP season?????  he was p....  poor but he learned and got stronger learning as he went along.

4 hours ago, Lioness said:

Good meeting and cracking final ride from Tai that deserved the win. Good advert for the sport and what a great crowd

Ill be controversial and say I thought the referee had a good meeting too. Consistent re starts and took his time to make sure of his decisions

APART from taking an eternity to exclude Jason Doyle for touching the tapes when it was obvious from the first replay that he had done so.

• Like 1

A good GP, few races strung out, but all that was forgot by the brave riding from those who wanted the win.  Laguta had a fast bike, and will need it as there are certain situations he doesnt go into like a few of the more successful riders. This year, like last year, I am rooting for Freddie. I hope he keeps it clean, but he certainly seems to be  man on fire and goes for it, and all despite that bad injury to his neck late last summer. I hope he safely finishes the business this year and gets a medal - preferably gold - its in him for sure.

• Like 2

Did enjoy the short version,but can understand people who don't like the sport because it is all sorted by the end of the 1st lap,which happened often even here.Mostly mistakes and losing control was the reason for a pass.Sadly it looks like Cook is out of his depth and won't get in where it hurts,which is needed at this level.One of the problems with Iversen and it was ironic that although Iversen looked fatsre than Cook,each time he had a chance to pass,he backed off.....Good win for Tai as he rode a brilliant final to lose control and still take the lead and win.Doyle going to suffer psychological problems this year?

I thought it started off pretty poorly but as the track deteriorated the racing improved and ended up with some very tough races which only this standard of rider can really do.

Cook didn't have a good night but wasn't far off, it'll be a learning year for him and while I don't see Craig being the same talent we should remember Tai's first GP year.

Doyle's race 1 exclusion reinforced the idea that sometimes you shouldn't have to exclude anybody for me.

• Like 3

Guest GiveusaB
On 5/12/2018 at 4:46 PM, Mr X said:

B

Woffy Woffy Woffy!!!     ;)

Guest GiveusaB

Cook looks way out of his league.....however, I dont think the tight technical tracks suit him!

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Cook looks way out of his league.....however, I dont think the tight technical tracks suit him!

he spent 4 years on a tight technical track and was pretty much unbeatable around it,granted he didn't meet GP opposition every week but still it seemed to suit him.

• Like 2