British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve69

2018 Warsaw Gp

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

lol having another dig at Tai , you cant help yourself can you.

How about we got a Brit at the top of the standings going for a third world title!! 

Holder did ok but he is an Aussie so couldnt really give a stuff about his form. Im only interested in Tai and Cook

Very ironic considering you seem to have a dig at Brady Kurtz every other day on the Poole topic?? 

Also, Lindgren is currently top of the standings not Tai.

49 minutes ago, Vince said:

Reckon you need to have another look as his wheel wasn't on the grass, doesn't even touch the white line.

He certainly  "squeezed" Pawlicki up though and left him nowhere to go,he was behind him ,not really along side him. Think the ref got it right.

1 hour ago, Shockster said:

I agree in principle to what you say, but they're not going to get away with it anyway.  Refs will pull them back if they jump.  Also not sure about cheating being the right word more down to nerves IMO and who wants to see a 3 rider final when 4 is better.

I see your point about nerves playing a part.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

He certainly  "squeezed" Pawlicki up though and left him nowhere to go,he was behind him ,not really along side him. Think the ref got it right.

Pawlicki "squeezed" himself up. He had the entirety of the bend and opted to go where he did. Nobody forced him there. 

4 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Pawlicki "squeezed" himself up. He had the entirety of the bend and opted to go where he did. Nobody forced him there. 

Exactly & as always the throttle goes two ways, could have backed out 

4 hours ago, Vince said:

In this case I can't see a single thing Doyle could have done to avoid the accident, he was on a decent line and the bike is settled and stable. If anybody was at fault it was Pawlicki as he was the one changing line and who was into the back of Woffinden. However in truth I don't think he did anything wrong either it was a pure racing incident and a case where all 4 should be allowed in the re-run in my opinion.

Front wheel going over the white line is just another technique in my opinion, one that some do better than others and is no more or less dangerous than running people wide when going for the dirt.

I agree and felt that Pawlicki was actually the cause  - he tried to cut underneath Woffinden when Doyle was already there - he should have moved to a wider line.  Totally harsh on Doyle and the wrong decision.

Tough decision for the ref but I think he made the right one .... and took an age to tell everyone!!

On 5/12/2018 at 4:06 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Very good GP to start the series. What a shame the Czech GP is next. Gaters paradise at the Marketa.

Some excellent racing with Holder doing very well.  Thought Woffindens childish behaviour was very poor before the final.

Firstly how can you complain about Tai's behavior when he not only goes out  and wins it but wins it in that style!??!!

Secondly, watch the last 2 Prague GPs. Far from boring Sir. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mark said:

If we use your system riders who have already attempted to cheat in the heats get a free pass to try to cheat in the Semi or Final.    I don't see the merit in that.   WE all want a level start so why encourage something that may stop it.     If riders try to cheat they must expect to be penalised.

True. And they usually get caught, resulting in further minutes of waiting for the heat. re-running for ages is no good. Happy to see the warning rule.

On 13 May 2018 at 5:10 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

APART from taking an eternity to exclude Jason Doyle for touching the tapes when it was obvious from the first replay that he had done so.

And yet it took a few viewings and quite a bit of discussion from the pundits before they saw it. I think he was right to take his time and make sure he was excluding the correct man as it was a close call. Just my opinion

1 hour ago, Lioness said:

And yet it took a few viewings and quite a bit of discussion from the pundits before they saw it. I think he was right to take his time and make sure he was excluding the correct man as it was a close call. Just my opinion

CANNOT speak for the pundits but was sitting in the stadium and it was obvious ... it wasn't close at all. Just my opinion:neutral::neutral:

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

CANNOT speak for the pundits but was sitting in the stadium and it was obvious ... it wasn't close at all. Just my opinion:neutral::neutral:

The best freebies are always in prime position overlooking the tapes :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WAS actually the other side of the stadium but a great view.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting this, but I'm not sure bring sat in the stadium gives you the best view to analyse who touched the tapes first.

Yes, the exclusion was correct, but it took a few views to notice that the other rider (Laguta, I think) also touched the tapes.

My guess on the hold up was about deciding whether or not to exclude them both. Seemed pretty clear cut to me, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Maybe I'm misinterpreting this, but I'm not sure bring sat in the stadium gives you the best view to analyse who touched the tapes first.

Yes, the exclusion was correct, but it took a few views to notice that the other rider (Laguta, I think) also touched the tapes.

My guess on the hold up was about deciding whether or not to exclude them both. Seemed pretty clear cut to me, though.

BECAUSE it was instantly replayed on the huge screens at the stadium