British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield V Redcar Now Monday 23/10/17 @ 7.30 Sgbcl

SHEFFIELD: Scott Nicholls, Todd Kurtz, Ty Proctor, Josh Bates R/R, Lasse Bjerre, Jan Graversen, Georgie Wood.

REDCAR: Jake Allen, David Wallinger, Charles Wright R/R, Connor Coles, Josh Auty, Ben Morley, Mitchell Davey.

Fireworks after Heat 15, followed by presentations in the Panarama Room.

Edited by Blackadder

So as I understand it

Redcar’s team includes 6 guests 2 of which are NL riders and RR for Charles Wright.

Perks has returned to Australia and Andersen to Sweden and both are missing with the full permission of the Redcar management.

It will be interesting to see what the BSPA/SCB make of this bearing in mind of the fuss they made of just one rider missing from the Peterborough team recently.

• Like 2

SHEFFIELD: Scott Nicholls, Todd Kurtz, Ty Proctor, Josh Bates R/R, Lasse Bjerre, Jan Graversen, Georgie Wood.

REDCAR: Jake Allen, David Wallinger, Charles Wright R/R, Connor Coles, Josh Auty, Ben Morley, Mitchell Davey.

Fireworks after Heat 15, followed by presentations in the Panarama Room.

The meeting is a guaranteed damp squib. Not a Bears rider to be seen riding for the Bears. An appeal to include a Bears asset, was refused. Says it all for me.

So as I understand it

Redcar’s team includes 6 guests 2 of which are NL riders and RR for Charles Wright.

Perks has returned to Australia and Andersen to Sweden and both are missing with the full permission of the Redcar management.

It will be interesting to see what the BSPA/SCB make of this bearing in mind of the fuss they made of just one rider missing from the Peterborough team recently.

It will be interesting, of course they will want know about any incentives Redcar were offered to allow riders to miss the meeting and they will need to investigate if any rules have been broken.

You want to check those grapes you have - seem very sour to me!

• Like 1

It will be interesting, of course they will want know about any incentives Redcar were offered to allow riders to miss the meeting and they will need to investigate if any rules have been broken.

You want to check those grapes you have - seem very sour to me!

No grapes needed just consistency, all teams treated the same.

Bit like riders missing shared events, seems ok for Lambert but not for Cook.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

No grapes needed just consistency, all teams treated the same.

Bit like riders missing shared events.

I'm sure consistency will be applied when/if another promotion are found to have been given a financial incentive (bung) to break the rules!

So as I understand it

The two occurrences are subject to different rules. Redcar are following the rules, Peterborough didn't.

So as I understand it

Redcars team includes 6 guests 2 of which are NL riders and RR for Charles Wright.

For one Jonas is Danish not Swedish, and secondly he hasnt gone home, he was told the meeting was on Monday, so he went on holiday during the spare week he had and booked to fly into UK on Saturday, in time for the meetings, but then the date got changed while he was out of the uk, I dont agree with him for going on holiday but in his defence, he hasnt rode in a month and he was told it was Monday, not this Thursday

So as I understand it

Would you like some fish to go with that monster-sized chip?

I doubt very much if Redcar are receiving a sizeable bung for the absence of Perks or Andersen - which was the primary rule broken by the current Peterborough promoter.

I do agree that a team using SIX guests plus R/R is ridiculous does nothing for speedway's credibility.

All the best

Rob

Guest Scunny2012

Is this the first time that a team has failed to include one of their own riders,after 55 years going to speedway can't recall it happening before, seems a complete farce but this probably sums up the pitiful state of speedway in this country at the moment.

Looking at the weather forecast it doesn't look good for seeing any action tonight, which means last week was my last for the year 😞

BBC have forecast rain until after the scheduled start time so fair chance could be off. I believe however that there is still an obligation to stage the match before the season ends.

Is this the first time that a team has failed to include one of their own riders,after 55 years going to speedway can't recall it happening before, seems a complete farce but this probably sums up the pitiful state of speedway in this country at the moment.

It's incredible isn't it ? Forecast don't look good either. If the weather does intervene, not much of October left to run this one. Could be another Rye House situation, unable to complete fixtures.