British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield V Redcar Now Monday 23/10/17 @ 7.30 Sgbcl

Not surprised at your comment coming from scunny. Godfrey attitude run it at all cost pumping water off and expecting lads to risk their necks riding a mud bath. Our group usually 8 or so stopped going this year after a month due to Godfreys poop attitude.

Speedway supporters once again getting a raw deal with 3 heats not run, I think the way the sport is run these days it is more likely to finish off some of the die-hard supporters as much as the newcomers, mind you can't believe anybody would take a newbie to this meeting trying to explain why there are so many guest riders.

Not to mention completely messing up my fantasy speedway league!!! ;)

This is like pulling bleeding teeth going on and on and on

For the first time ever, I left the meeting before the end. By 9.45 I'd had enough - thought it would never end (it didn't!)

Having no ambulance there at the official start-time and keeping the paying customers waiting AN HOUR before we saw any speedway is unforgivable. But then a further 20-minute delay for no explicable reason midway through the match is just taking the p155. There has to be changes before I pay my entrance fee next season.

some great racing but my god what a drag.i was losing the will to live at around heat 5.why can there be no ambulance on site at around say 6.30ish.we were also told that the fair was in the car park so we set off accordingly only to find it had buggered off.no fireworks,3 quid for an old programme with 2 inserts?why 2?seemed to take another age until todd was announced as withdrawn.any newbies tonight would have been mind blown.7 guests, waiting for the ambulance, curfew,no fireworks,jesus i think if i had been a newcomer then that would have finished me off.other than that, a fine season overall for the tigers.good job cameras weren,t hers.try explaining that one away!!

The fair had been advertised as being there 19th to 22nd, although it was still there Monday morning as my parents went along Penistone Road yesterday morning and saw it, they must have been packing up. I think the announcer was as fed up with the ambulance/Todd Kurtz situation as we were, by the sounds of it. To be honest I would not have gone myself due to the team make ups, had it not been the last one of the season.

I know the curfew is a condition of being allowed to race and all that, but it seems a bit churlish not to be allowed a few for 5 to 10 minutes, especially when over the next two weeks people will be letting them off at all hours like it's the D Day landings because of Bonfire Night.

Edited by Tigerblade

I couldnt make it last night so cant comment in the delays per se, but surely not the promotions fault that the ambulance got caught up in a traffic jam on its way to the meeting.

I couldnt make it last night so cant comment in the delays per se, but surely not the promotions fault that the ambulance got caught up in a traffic jam on its way to the meeting.

Well, I wouldn't have thought it was either, but of course it's frustrating to be waiting an hour whoever it's down to.

Would like to know where it was caught up in traffic, where did it come from? They must have known where it actually was at 7.30 (in these days of mobile phones), so knowing it wasn't going to get there for an hour or so, why not have the firework display! Everyone would have had some entertainment, then they could have had a few ad-lib interviews with riders, managers etc.

A really bad show and it being the last of the season that unfortunately, will be the memory of speedway that I and a lot of others will carry through the winter. The best season we've had for years and it all finishes on such a low.

The best season we've had for years and it all finishes on such a low.

Only in speedway can organisers shoot themselves in the foot so spectacularly - it wouldn't happen in any other walk of life. By the way, what happened to the fireworks the kids had been promised? I'd left in disgust long before then anyway, but I know some of the kids look forward to it.

Could have had firework display and rider of year presentation while waiting. Anyone know who won rider of year. Also did not seem any urgency to get on with it, unlike the recent Thursday double header.

quote"

I know the curfew is a condition of being allowed to race and all that, but it seems a bit churlish not to be allowed a few for 5 to 10 minutes, especially when over the next two weeks people will be letting them off at all hours like it's the D Day landings because of Bonfire Night.

Fireworks are already being let off in Scunthorpe & will continue, as in most years recently, every weekend until January 2018. Saying that, some houses have Xmas lights up!

Would like to know where it was caught up in traffic, where did it come from? They must have known where it actually was at 7.30 (in these days of mobile phones), so knowing it wasn't going to get there for an hour or so, why not have the firework display! Everyone would have had some entertainment, then they could have had a few ad-lib interviews with riders, managers etc.

A really bad show and it being the last of the season that unfortunately, will be the memory of speedway that I and a lot of others will carry through the winter. The best season we've had for years and it all finishes on such a low.

That demands joined up thinking from the promoter and we know that collectively they are not well known for joined up thinking. The usually cannot "see" the terraces and only know the fans are there from the turnstile clicks.

In the past, I believe that ambulances came from the Alfreton or Scunthorpe areas, but I don't know about this one. Unlikely to be local though.

Its a shame the season has ended like it has after our most successful season for 15 years.We were told that the ambulance had been ordered as usual but they had forgot to send it.!!!!! Not the fault of the promotion.The delays were caused by Todd having to be checked over before he could withdraw.Not the promotors fault,its a speedway rule.The air fence damaged by Paul Starke.Not the promotors fault.R/R used by both teams,riders having 2 on the trot,not the promotors fault.Having the fireworks earlier during the delay sounds a good idea.Promotors could have sorted that.Half price entry to the first team meeting next season was announced last night which I think the promotors didn't have to offer.Speedway needs a big overhaul this winter as every speedway fan knows.In the 4 years our promotors have been in charge we have improved each season,now we are Champions and Pairs Champions.We may have won the cup without injuries.Our promotors arnt perfect but they work hard for the club which we support.Some people on this forum must live in a perfect world with no hassles.There were plenty of supporters in the bar for the celebrations which the riders appreciated.The people who missed it through their choice are entitled to their opinion and if your not happy with the way Sheffield speedway is run then simply don't support the current promotion.Enjoy your perfect lives.

• Like 3