British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield V Redcar Now Monday 23/10/17 @ 7.30 Sgbcl

if he can get a visa, would love to see ty proctor back at owlerton next season

I believe the Yorkshire visa is one of the hardest to get.

• Like 1

quote"

I know the curfew is a condition of being allowed to race and all that, but it seems a bit churlish not to be allowed a few for 5 to 10 minutes, especially when over the next two weeks people will be letting them off at all hours like it's the D Day landings because of Bonfire Night.

Fireworks are already being let off in Scunthorpe & will continue, as in most years recently, every weekend until January 2018. Saying that, some houses have Xmas lights up!

Yes, and no doubt they'll be taking them down on Boxing Day "because they're sick of the sight of them" :neutral:

Its a shame the season has ended like it has after our most successful season for 15 years.We were told that the ambulance had been ordered as usual but they had forgot to send it.!!!!! Not the fault of the promotion.The delays were caused by Todd having to be checked over before he could withdraw.Not the promotors fault,its a speedway rule.The air fence damaged by Paul Starke.Not the promotors fault.R/R used by both teams,riders having 2 on the trot,not the promotors fault.Having the fireworks earlier during the delay sounds a good idea.Promotors could have sorted that.Half price entry to the first team meeting next season was announced last night which I think the promotors didn't have to offer.Speedway needs a big overhaul this winter as every speedway fan knows.In the 4 years our promotors have been in charge we have improved each season,now we are Champions and Pairs Champions.We may have won the cup without injuries.Our promotors arnt perfect but they work hard for the club which we support.Some people on this forum must live in a perfect world with no hassles.There were plenty of supporters in the bar for the celebrations which the riders appreciated.The people who missed it through their choice are entitled to their opinion and if your not happy with the way Sheffield speedway is run then simply don't support the current promotion.Enjoy your perfect lives.

The fireworks during the delay is an excellent suggestion with the benefit of hindsight - had just Todd's situation not occurred, they'd have got the meeting completed and the fireworks as well. I can also think of many promotions who wouldn't have made the half price offer. Now it's just a case of keeping the ticket in a safe place for 5 months :lol:

Yes, and no doubt they'll be taking them down on Boxing Day "because they're sick of the sight of them" :neutral:

The fireworks during the delay is an excellent suggestion with the benefit of hindsight - had just Todd's situation not occurred, they'd have got the meeting completed and the fireworks as well. I can also think of many promotions who wouldn't have made the half price offer. Now it's just a case of keeping the ticket in a safe place for 5 months :lol:

what about season ticket holders then.what do they get as recompense?

• Like 2

As frustrating as the events of last night were I really don't understand why people feel the need to criticise the promotion / management when everything that happened was completely outside of their control - (very) late arriving ambulance, damaged air fence, injury to Todd, curfew, etc.

As someone who's returning to watching speedway regularly in person, after a lengthy hiatus, I've thoroughly enjoyed the racing at Sheffield this year and won't let a few minor problems spoil what has been a great season.

Can't wait for 2018.....!

For me the worst part about last night (and the times over the years similar incidents have happened) is the fact that no one really lets the crowd know what's actually happening. I felt a little sorry for Shaun Leigh (presenter) last night, as he can only convey what he is being told. Wouldn't it have been better if someone who's actually in charge and knows what's really happening, come out, explained what was happening and apologise to the paying public for something that is definitely nothing they are responsible for.

Or is that too much to ask for?

• Like 1

For me the worst part about last night (and the times over the years similar incidents have happened) is the fact that no one really lets the crowd know what's actually happening. I felt a little sorry for Shaun Leigh (presenter) last night, as he can only convey what he is being told. Wouldn't it have been better if someone who's actually in charge and knows what's really happening, come out, explained what was happening and apologise to the paying public for something that is definitely nothing they are responsible for.

Or is that too much to ask for?

Exactly, you could see from Sean's body language that he was as cheesed off as the rest of us.

what a pi$$ poor situation - 5 guests (2 being Panther riders) and R/R knocks the Panthers down to 6th in the table.

British speedway - Plumbs new depths...

• Like 1

what a pi$$ poor situation - 5 guests (2 being Panther riders) and R/R knocks the Panthers down to 6th in the table

Should be lower 👆🏼

what a pi$$ poor situation - 5 guests (2 being Panther riders) and R/R knocks the Panthers down to 6th in the table.

Mmmn. Paul Starke guests for Ben Barker on Monday and 'helps' his team drop to a totally meaningless 6th in the League. Ben Barker (thought he was injured?) then guests for Jack Holder on Thursday and as 2nd top scorer 'helps' Peterborough win the Knock Out Cup.