Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sidney the robin

Is There Hope For The Future.?

The NSS lies dormant for most of the year...

Couldn't the BSPA hire it and run training camps through the winter and also on the (sadly) many weeks during the season when there is no racing?

Just over 20 miles away there is Buxton too, two more contrasting tracks you would struggle to find..

A day on each back to back several times a year would surely be beneficial in the development of our young riders..?

Both tracks quite central geographically too..

• Like 3

Couldn't the BSPA hire it and run training camps through the winter and also on the (sadly) many weeks during the season when there is no racing?

Just over 20 miles away there is Buxton too, two more contrasting tracks you would struggle to find..

A day on each back to back several times a year would surely be beneficial in the development of our young riders..?

Scunthorpe is quite near to both, they have run training schools, experience days and a winter amateur series, over the years.

Always thought that was in the original plans for NSS, and was to include not just riding tuition but courses on bike maintenance and fitness. I assume this has all been dropped since Messrs Morton & Gordon left.

THE big question is how British speedway as a whole will help these undoubtedly promising young riders to progress. That should not be left to chance.

they need to make room in the nl by moving current nl riders to championship and weakening the strength (and costs) of the championship and also moving Cook etc to the top league to make room

bit like how d2 riders used to move to d1

The Thompson Twins are coming along nicely too as I've been watching their progress at Leicester and Coventry, although sadly not at Brandon anymore.

What about Tintin?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tintin+and+thompson+twins&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj2r4_3z4fXAhXEIcAKHXMdCP8QsAQISQ&biw=1440&bih=769

• Like 2

Bewley has been amazing in just his 2nd year riding speedway, Bickley looks a great talent as does Connor Mountain. Leon Flint is a highly rated youngster about to hit the NL in 2018. One rider I’d never heard of who’s really impressed me is Drew Kemp, I think he has a bright future from what I’ve seen.

There's definitely hope for the future.

Always thought that was in the original plans for NSS, and was to include not just riding tuition but courses on bike maintenance and fitness. I assume this has all been dropped since Messrs Morton & Gordon left.

So far as I know the new owners do intend to develop the proposed training facility. Unfortunately, because they only took over a matter of weeks before this season began much had to be done to get the Aces and Colts on track and it had to be put on the back burner. The CEO, Adrian Smith, has said that he has many new ideas that he wants to implement but I don't know if that includes the training school for next season but I am confident that with their commitment to the Colts and Belle Vue's history it will happen. Dent Oliver's training schools were one of the major reasons for our success in the 1970's so it makes sense for that reason and commercial sense because of the income it would produce. Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1