British Speedway Forum
Sidney the robin

Is There Hope For The Future.?

I have been following the progress of some of our youngsters this year and thing's look very bright for the future.Bewley is the standout and for me is a terrific talent he has a great racing brain and his temperament looks superb also he seems like a real humble lad.We also have the likes of Jenkins, Brennan, Powell, Bickley,Hume,Wood,Thomas, Bowtell,Kemp,Edwards,Rowe,Atkins(ect) making real progress in there career's.I know three on the forum who have seen alot of NL racing in the last few years City Rebel/Sommeiler/,Falcon Hammer be great to hear there views and others.Jenkins i really like the look of and Hume who had started great can he get over his horrendous injury?? myself i am really hopeful in the future it would be great to hear some thought's.!!

I have been following the progress of some of our youngsters this year and thing's look very bright for the future.Bewley is the standout and for me is a terrific talent he has a great racing brain and his temperament looks superb also he seems like a real humble lad.We also have the likes of Jenkins, Brennan, Powell, Bickley,Hume,Wood,Thomas, Bowtell,Kemp,Edwards,Rowe,Atkins(ect) making real progress in there career's.I know three on the forum who have seen alot of NL racing in the last few years City Rebel/Sommeiler/,Falcon Hammer be great to hear there views and others.Jenkins i really like the look of and Hume who had started great can he get over his horrendous injury?? myself i am really hopeful in the future it would be great to hear some thought's.!!

Some very promising names there, I think the most improved rider this year has been Nathan Greaves, I wouldn't have said that prior to this season but he's really come on.

• Like 3

Some very promising names there, I think the most improved rider this year has been Nathan Greaves, I wouldn't have said that prior to this season but he's really come on.

He has been fantastic for the Witches and deservedly picked up the Massif Rider of the Year award. 👏👏

Connor Mountain is another who has done remarkably well since coming back from his bad injury

Showed tremendous spirit to work through a few confidence issues early on and is I think the highest averaged genuine 2 pointer at the end of the season.

Also handled and responded to the team change deadline fiasco with great maturity and professionalism.

He has been fantastic for the Witches and deservedly picked up the Massif Rider of the Year award. 👏👏

Showed tremendous spirit to work through a few confidence issues early on and is I think the highest averaged genuine 2 pointer at the end of the season.

Also handled and responded to the team change deadline fiasco with great maturity and professionalism.

I've seen Mountain twice at Newcastle this season which is quite a tricky track and on both occasions he was very impressive unless I'm wrong were his first visits to the track? Also Hume was equally impressive before he got injured hope he comes back as well as Mountain has from injury.

• Like 1

The past couple of seasons have seen the first riders from the great youth setup run by Neil Vatcher & Co come through the ranks and hopefully there will be many more to come. Hopefully those in power will give it even more backing now and it can go on to bigger and better things.

Some riders will go far, some might not get out of the National League. The main thing is that there are a good supply of young riders coming through.

But certainly encouraging signs.

• Like 3

I've seen Mountain twice at Newcastle this season which is quite a tricky track and on both occasions he was very impressive unless I'm wrong were his first visits to the track? Also Hume was equally impressive before he got injured hope he comes back as well as Mountain has from injury.

Totally gutted for Danyon. Really hope he can come back fully fit and continue to progress as he had started to.
  • Like 1

Totally gutted for Danyon. Really hope he can come back fully fit and continue to progress as he had started to.

Echo everything you've said there he looks another very good prospect hope he gets back fully fit and back to where he was.

• Like 1

There is also another group coming up straight behind them, Flint, Mcgurk brothers, Palin, Edwards, just to mention a few. watch out for Leon Flint , 15 in February and already moved up to 500s, 2015 125 British champion, 2016 and 2017 British 250 champion

• Like 1

There is also another group coming up straight behind them, Flint, Mcgurk brothers, Palin, Edwards, just to mention a few........

The Thompson Twins are coming along nicely too as I've been watching their progress at Leicester and Coventry, although sadly not at Brandon anymore.

THE big question is how British speedway as a whole will help these undoubtedly promising young riders to progress. That should not be left to chance.

• Like 1

THE big question is how British speedway as a whole will help these undoubtedly promising young riders to progress. That should not be left to chance.

Well they get to some training camps and some have been getting into international events this year, plus there is the Poultec scheme. You might well suggest more things but this is a whole lot more than the nothing of years ago. You already knew all that though Phil, so are you just trying to stir something up or have you any ideas of your own that could realistically be added?

Edited by foamfence
  • Like 1

Heat 8 at Belle Vue, Wednesday, NL Grand Final. 3 15 year olds and a 16 year old.

One 15 year old scored a 5 ride paid maximum.

• Like 1

Mountain rode at Brough last season, when he came up with Lewis Rose who had brought him up due to him being a neighbour in the Kings Lynn area.

Mountain rode at Brough last season, when he came up with Lewis Rose who had brought him up due to him being a neighbour in the Kings Lynn area.

Oh right I don't remember to be honest. Still impressive nonetheless

Edited by ren