British Speedway Forum

Place is a dump, run into the ground and no future!

Lots of people went on a Saturday night when we were in the Premier but the so called 3 year plan to bounce back is another load of crap spouted by the promotion.

Would rather go to other stadiums than the one 2 mins away from my house!

Can't fulfill the fixtures due to being more interested in making money from the stock cars and the speedway taking a back seat,run the stocks but shut the speedway as it is a joke!

Loomer Road is one of only a few purpose built speedway stadia in the UK. The architects plans were the blueprint for Vojens, which opened in Sept 1975. (After Ole Olsen borrowed the plans).

The original design incorporated long track bends outside the speedway ones to allow long track speedway in the UK.

The current track was remodelled in 1979 by Pete Jarman with multiple changes since.

When run well can generate a great business.

The only way forward for a successful meaningful team is by new owners.

Sadly it's a microcosm of how UK speedway is run.

Lots of vested interests, infighting and too little business acumen.

• Like 3

Loomer Road is one of only a few purpose built speedway stadia in the UK. The architects plans were the blueprint for Vojens, which opened in Sept 1975. (After Ole Olsen borrowed the plans).

The original design incorporated long track bends outside the speedway ones to allow long track speedway in the UK.

The current track was remodelled in 1979 by Pete Jarman with multiple changes since.

When run well can generate a great business.

The only way forward for a successful meaningful team is by new owners.

Sadly it's a microcosm of how UK speedway is run.

Lots of vested interests, infighting and too little business acumen.

I was about to say that there is no doubt that the track itself is one of the best shaped in British Speedway and I have, on occasion (and unfortunately years ago), seen some top quality racing there.

I actually think its a lot simpler than that and would (yet again) point to Isle Of Wight as an example. Its just a matter of doing your best to attract and retain paying customers, and the first step is to treat them as someone who is doing you a favour (by giving you money) rather than the other way around.

• Like 6

Weather perfect here today, blue skies no clouds and a small breeze, probably end up with a power failure!!! :rofl:

or the paramedic or ambulance won't turn up.
  • Like 1

The reason people don't go to Stoke Speedway is crap racing, dreadful tracks, an awful, rundown stadium, poor 'Dad's Army' teams and, in particular, a surly, hostile - even abusive - promotion. People have walked away in their dozens for that last reason alone.

Not to mention the random postponements, mystery generator failures and missing medical cover....

• Like 2

According to updates ,,,, both meetings will be 10 heats due to lack of time.

Is it any wonder that Stoke is on my banned list and has been for a long time.

Give me new promoters and I will go back

• Like 5

I.O.W 5 guests and r/r and no one mentions it because let's face it it's just normal practice now. How much to get in Stoke tonight for 20 heats

Dear oh dear. Is there a place in any form of speedway for stoke ?

Yes if the present promoters get out and let someone else in !!!!!!

• Like 1

or the paramedic or ambulance won't turn up.

Nearly! There was a rider turn up late instead.

I.O.W 5 guests and r/r and no one mentions it because let's face it it's just normal practice now. How much to get in Stoke tonight for 20 heats

4 guests. Updates were wrong.

• Like 1

What always concerns me , especially with clubs that are teetering on the brink , sanctions could tip the balance . I know if i was a promoter who was struggling to keep going and the BSPA sanctioned me in any way . that would be it for me , people baying for promoters to quit etc ,need to wake up and smell the coffee . you may not like your promotion but most of the time they are the only ones who are going to keep the club running . I have seen many posters on here claiming to be Stoke supporters who wont go until the current promotion are gone , well don't be surprised if you don't go after Tattum has gone ,because there more and likely will be no Stoke to go to . the current state of speedway the BSPA should never sanction anyone .offer them help by all means but speedway is no goldmine and handing out silly fines is no help to anybody , and you stoke fans do the same ,get to your end of season do and offer your help to tidy the place up instead of sitting at home running the place down ,one things for sure the BSPA have closed down more tracks with their silly sanctions than they have ever assisted to keep going ..

This is a public relations message from the Stoke speedway promotion. Thankyou for your support in 2017. Happy Christmas. Hohoho. David and Nigel.

So what happened? Stoke preview on their website said there would be 36 races including 6 MDL races. If the match started at 6pm would have assumed plenty of time.

£20, although the power did fail twice the main delay was waiting for the county ambulance after Shelby Rutherford crashed Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Did the MDL meeting get completed, and considering the earlier start time on a Friday, what sort of crowd was there?