British Speedway Forum

58 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I not sure if you know or not but there has been some sort of cock up with maxs average I'm not too sure how or what but I assume it's all sorted as he was originally in the lakeside 7 also 

It wernt Max’s average they cocked up it were Ben Morley and Zack waj’s !!

• Thanks 1

As I have said before, Clegg will be the best thing to have happened to Stoke for several years. An out and out Number One

at this level and a reason for fans to pay their money to see him in action at all the  N.L. tracks.

• Thanks 1

Well done to Stoke on an excellent signing. Cleggy could turn out to be he top NL performer this year.

All they need to sort out now is a similar quality track electrician and it could be a good season.

Hope they get a few more through the turnstiles on the back of this.

I did think Stoke looked a pretty weak team before, now with a "true" number one, they look a bit of a different proposition!

22 hours ago, Ommer Mon said:

Well done to Stoke on an excellent signing. Cleggy could turn out to be he top NL performer this year.

He should be: he is really too good to be riding in the NL.

18 minutes ago, *JJ said:

He should be: he is really too good to be riding in the NL.

You could make that argument about plenty of riders being "too good" same as many riders "not progressing" and blocking spots of other potential riders. Im not sure anyone is "too good" for the NL as riders & the product as a whole will only get stronger riding against stronger opposition.

As Sings 4 Speedway said I think you need a few good quality riders so that the youngsters can have a standard to aim for.

I'm thinking more of some other teams than Stoke here perhaps.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:39 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

You could make that argument about plenty of riders being "too good" same as many riders "not progressing" and blocking spots of other potential riders. Im not sure anyone is "too good" for the NL as riders & the product as a whole will only get stronger riding against stronger opposition.

Similar could be said of riders being too good for the CL that ride in the PL, depriving riders of CL spots. If they had kept the "2 Brits per CL team", it might have helped.

The adding & removing of certain rules, this year, will not help British Speedway.

• Like 1

Yes possibly, but reducing riders who can double up in both the CL and PL will help as anyone above a 6pt PL average cannot ride in the CL.

I see that the Pride of the Potteries is scheduled for 7 April.

Do you think it will be an illuminating experience or should I give it a miss?

8 hours ago, adonis said:

bundy ,where ya bin

Friend Adonis, thank you for your interest in my well-being.

I am a Buddhist. We Buddhists go through many cycles of death and re-birth which we call samsara. Obviously, we are seeking release from this constant cycle (nirvana) but this is not easy to attain.

It is quite possible that you knew me as somebody you refer to as "Bundy" before my latest re-incarnation and I am sure that you will see that my behaviour and actions (karma) have enabled me to come back rather higher up the pecking order and I may soon be a deva or assura.

If my karma had been bad then I would surely have returned to this place as a tortured soul such as an earthworm,  an earwig or most desperate of all, a Loomer Road season ticket holder.

Since I only appear to be granted about three postings a week, I hope that you will be suitably grateful that I have used up my valuable allowance to deal with your enquiry.

Namaste _/\_

a Loomer Road season ticket holder.

You don't want to be one of them mate, not worth the ink that is printed on it.

I don't think they actually print them out.

You just pull up at Gloomy Road's gates, wink at the 2 happy souls who hover about there and tell 'em your a mate of Dave's.

They wave you straight into the executive car park and your reserved seats are polished and waiting for you.

What's not to like?

• Haha 2