British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Usually once or twice a year Stoke comes in for a hammering due to an iffy track and the occasional comedy generator failure but things have now gone far beyond a joke. Its just one disastrous meeting after another. Multiple fallers and second halves abandoned consistently. Its difficult to work out who i feel most sorry for the loyal paying supporters, the riders who fear their seasons may be over if they ride there or the Development league lads who turn up every week, watch a terrible meeting then load up and go home out of pocket time and time again.

23 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

When was the last time stoke ran a meeting which ran without any track, generater or curfew problems.  

No one wants to see a track close but the safety of the riders must be the prime concern. I think the time has come for the promotion to be suspended until the SCB are happy for it to resume or it’s sold or leased out to a fit and proper promotion. 

Two good posts. Surely enough is enough.

No one really wants to see a track close but neither do we want to hear of injuries or farcical circumstances further damaging speedways fragile reputation.

A suspension or closure may be a blessing.

• Like 3

Another disaster on Saturday 

10 heats ... 2 hours... drive home boys and girls

Shambolic

Id be surprised if a well respected Speedway man like Vasey  puts his name to the shambles that is Stoke Speedway

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, semion said:

Id be surprised if a well respected Speedway man like Vasey  puts his name to the shambles that is Stoke Speedway

He is listed on the club's official website as co-promtoer/team manager.

http://stokepotters.co/clubofficials

Of course, that may be out of date.....

• Thanks 1

It's a shame how the place has turned out, it's being run into the ground and it would be a sad state if it did shut but that is all that looms in the future for Stoke.

Needs a new promoter but the current promoter wants ridiculous money for the sale.

It has potential to be a great stadium but not with this current shower running it!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

He is listed on the club's official website as co-promtoer/team manager.

http://stokepotters.co/clubofficials

Of course, that may be out of date.....

I think he recently had eye surgery and is unable to drive at the moment

Im thought i saw something over the winter about management restructuring and a new PR person coming on board?

The issues at Stoke have been long discussed and long known, what might help save their situation is some actual press releases or admittance that things are just no good enough at present but we are looking to rectify within our means......both fans and riders will be more understanding if clubs put their hands up and say we need to address X, Y & Z. At present Stoke just have their heads buried in the sand and it is only making matters worse. 

• Like 1

The bspa or SCB should be all over Stoke and there track after Saturdays farce.

There’s home advantage and then there’s dangerous.

I d suggest, the next time someone gets hurt there, it could lead to a compensation claim. After the amount of injuries this year.

Speedway us dangerous enough without riders having the extra worry about the race surface falling apart underneath them. I am dreading my lads riding there tomorrow tbh.

Come on Stoke. This is your biggest night of the year ahead. Perfect week of weather in the lead up so forget the result and just serve up a consistent track surface with limited dust, get the meeting run within a respectable 2 hours and allow the 2nd half meeting to actually be completed. If you can achieve this it will be considered a great success if Stoke fail to deliver on these basic items i fear their whole existence will be in great jeopardy.

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

I d suggest, the next time someone gets hurt there, it could lead to a compensation claim. After the amount of injuries this year.

Speedway us dangerous enough without riders having the extra worry about the race surface falling apart underneath them. I am dreading my lads riding there tomorrow tbh.

I suggest the sport should look into riders using bikes that they can’t control, tracks haven’t really changed some have always been rough, however bikes have and not for the better, but far be it from me to point out the obvious 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I suggest the sport should look into riders using bikes that they can’t control, tracks haven’t really changed some have always been rough, however bikes have and not for the better, but far be it from me to point out the obvious 

Can't disagree with that, but the engine configuration is set by the authorities, not the riders.

You often hear the comment, "the throttle works both ways" which 20 years ago was valid, you roll off the the throttle now and initially accelerate.

Uprights were safer and more rider friendly, but the same as anything in life it's hard to go backwards.

Meeting cancelled due to track conditions. Gutted for all those who had booked hotels to go to this and the 4's but overall glad we don't have to worry about our riders getting hurt needlessly.

• Like 1