British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Stoke should be given every opportunity to get their track in order and keep it maintained.  

Having stock cars does not help but as Scunthorpe kings Lynn Ipswich mildenhall and Eastbourne can work with the cars then surely stoke can too.  

With the correct equipment and know how and the right amount of time there is no reason why the stoke track be back to the very high standards it was in the eighties.  

Stop use a different concrete track at Arlington,although sometimes run on to speedway circuit - as they did during the winter meetings.

I hope Stoke speedway sorts itself out cause it is on the slippery slope to oblivion how things are being run at the moment.

No one wants to see Stoke speedway close as much as we don't want to see a rider getting seriously maimed for life or worse so changes are needed!

A properly run Stoke speedway with money spent on improving the facilities could be viable at 2nd tier level cause many of the stay away fans would return!

This will only happen when a different promotion to the current Dave Tattum set up is running the Potters!

Edited by 25yearfan
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, adonis said:

each MM of stroke gives far more capacity than each mm of bore .

You have that the wrong way round.   A mm extra on the bore would give far more extra capacity than a mm on the stroke.

2 minutes ago, adonis said:

ok if you say so 

Of course.   Simple maths.    Volume of a cylinder is  (pi) d^2 x h / 4         it's obvious a 1mm increase in "d" is going to make a lot more difference than a 1mm increase in "h"

26 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Of course.   Simple maths.    Volume of a cylinder is  (pi) d^2 x h / 4         it's obvious a 1mm increase in "d" is going to make a lot more difference than a 1mm increase in "h"

yep maths never my strong point .

i see dean as gone very quiet for someone who knows all the facts about why stoke was called off as he states, he talkes to people before he comes on here, what a load of crap. If wants to pm me i will tel him why it was off?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

i see dean as gone very quiet for someone who knows all the facts about why stoke was called off as he states, he talkes to people before he comes on here, what a load of crap. If wants to pm me i will tel him why it was off?

Has any work been carried out as yet on the track ? 

What are the crowds like at the stock cars? 

It has been a while since I last went to Stoke. It was a great track always had good racing but the facilities and the state of the buildings has let it down. I remember the going into the front straight to get some food and the main buildings ceiling was coming down!!

I know crowds are low so they might not have the finances but if the promotion could also repair the stadium and make improvements it might start to tempt some of the people back.

• Like 1

So now Tony Atkin has left Stoke for "personal reasons", but he wants to continue riding and find another club for the rest of the season.

Buxton?

17 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

So now Tony Atkin has left Stoke for "personal reasons", but he wants to continue riding and find another club for the rest of the season.

Buxton?

Hopefully.  In fairness there are several teams that would be improved by the inclusion of Atkin. Strikes me as odd timing that Tony leaves as soon as Wallinger signs....   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

And then Cockle quits buxton...

There’s a ready made replacement in free agent Tony Atkin!

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

There’s a ready made replacement in free agent Tony Atkin!

Not sure. Current averages suggest otherwise.