British Speedway Forum
woofers

Eastbourne V Mildenhall Koc Final

No challenge matches at the start of the season,straight into Ko cup or NT,and make more use of June/July,never seems enough fixtures then,get the finals of the KO cup and NT done by the end of August,leaving September and early October for the last league matches and playoffs.

Doubling up/down will probably scupper it though.

The difficultly in getting a decent guest at 24 hours notice and so late in the season is understandable. The real issue here is the fact that the fixtures have had to be scheduled so promptly (in both leagues) and clashes have occurred and the NL meetings are the ones that have been affected. Mildenhall only qualified 2 days ago and this is a rearrangement! Peterborough only qualified 2 days ago and gave organised a home leg! But every year there is a fixture backlog in Oct and nothing is done about it.

Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1

The public certainly voted with their feet tonight, and who can blame them. Mildenhall tried hard with their limited resources, but it was all over when the line ups were announced.

The public certainly voted with their feet tonight, and who can blame them. Mildenhall tried hard with their limited resources, but it was all over when the line ups were announced.

I wouldnt be surprised to see the same happen at West Row unfortunately.

So Jon Armstrong gets injured in the last race. Had to be lifted off his bike. Clearly in agony. Medical staff ran over. The Eastbourne riders then came out with flairs and celebrated whilst he was getting treatment. The medical buggy was being used in part of the celebration and they came out with a wheelbarrow to bring him back to the pits. A wheelbarrow ffs. A. the riders should have shown more respect and waited for Jon to be back safe and sound in the pits and B. the whole thing is ridiculous.

1 of the promotion team then went to go and either film or take a picture of Jon in the wheelbarrow. Jon then refused to go in it before the buggy was summoned over.

Brennans mum started on a couple of Mildenhall fans for no reason. She thought she heard something but it wasn't from them. Apparently she was being held back, classy bird.

The actions of the Eastbourne team/promotion was terrible.

Jon is the 1st 1 on the track to anyone who has had a fall. Talk about no respect. Idiots!!

Edited by adz_mft

I wondered what was going on in the pits when walked past, but was watching from the grandstand and I couldnt see anything with armo being injured. He seemed too roll in fine at end of last heat and even some of the other Mildenhall riders seemed too be calm and just getting ready too go so not even the Mildenhall promotion seemed too know Armo was down.

I wondered what was going on in the pits when walked past, but was watching from the grandstand and I couldnt see anything with armo being injured. He seemed too roll in fine at end of last heat and even some of the other Mildenhall riders seemed too be calm and just getting ready too go so not even the Mildenhall promotion seemed too know Armo was down.

Agreed, He did not fall therefore attracted no attention and showed no sign of a problem going back to the pits. No reason for the home side not to proceed with their end of season send off. Sour Grapes no doubt and the rant by adz is the lack of respect. I will not repeat his final word, it speaks volumes.

The Eastbourne riders come round in the same type of celebration each time they win a match and they are usually ready as soon as heat 15 ends. They would not have known Jon was hurt and just like Jon, many of them are the first on the track, even when a rider from an opposing team goes down, 90% of these young NL riders are the same.

The wheel barrow was a stupid idea that 'one' of the track staff thought was a good one and it was Connor Dugard (Eastbourne Promption) that yelled across to them that he had arranged for the buggy. Dont forget that there is also an ambulance that the medical staff could have called for had then deemed it necessary. Not sure where you were but I was about as close as you can get, close enough to hear Jon yelling in pain. Get ALL your facts right before you post slagging of another team or promotion adz. No Idea what happened with Tom's Mum but 'classy bird' is an insulting comment about someone for once again, something you maybe only know half the story....if that!

As for the match. How disappointing! Seriously, I feel for any MH fans (including Adz) that had to come down for that. Its bad enough when you have to suffer seeing a team of guests but when the couple of riders of your own team under perform, its just horrid. We have all been there! I would hope however that they went away feeling pretty good about Drew Kemp. This guy is going to be a star!

The Mildenhalll promotion didn't do themselves many favours all night with their constant moaning, complaining and coming over to the start gate pointing and gesticulating, and even walking on to the track.

No challenge matches at the start of the season,straight into Ko cup or NT,and make more use of June/July,never seems enough fixtures then,get the finals of the KO cup and NT done by the end of August,leaving September and early October for the last league matches and playoffs.

Doubling up/down will probably scupper it though.

Challenge matches if a team must but then how about crack on with league racing. Get those fixtures done and dusted by July and those that have not completed their home fixtures cannot enter the KO cup / Nat Trophy etc.

Plus trebling up has go to go. Max 2 teams per rider to lower fixture clashes etc.

Agreed, He did not fall therefore attracted no attention and showed no sign of a problem going back to the pits. No reason for the home side not to proceed with their end of season send off. Sour Grapes no doubt and the rant by adz is the lack of respect. I will not repeat his final word, it speaks volumes.

If that's the case why have I read some Eastie fans say you could see he was in pain and heard him shout in agony?

No sour grapes at all from myself. Well beaten on the night. Was always going to be a tough meeting with our number 1 let alone without him.

If that's the case why have I read some Eastie fans say you could see he was in pain and heard him shout in agony?

No sour grapes at all from myself. Well beaten on the night. Was always going to be a tough meeting with our number 1 let alone without him.

You are clearly someone that does not read all posts or only wants to hear one side of the story!

Edited by stevec

You are clearly someone that does not read all posts or only wants to hear one side of the story!

Not at all. I'm entitled to my own opinion :) Are you saying that what I've said is wrong?

Anyway I wasn't really replying to yourself lol

Edited by adz_mft

If you are entitled to your own opinion yet youre basing your opinion on others word then is it really your own opinion or one that has been made by another that you have added to to make it your own? Very disrespectful comments about a lady that I doubt you have met or spoken too. Im sure she would be happy to talk to you at Mildenhall Sunday or are you another keyboard warrior that will bottle it once called upon?

• Like 1

Not at all. I'm entitled to my own opinion :) Are you saying that what I've said is wrong?

Anyway I wasn't really replying to yourself lol

I know you weren't, hence my comment that you do not read other posts. I was one of the people that heard Jon's yells of pain, explained that it was Connor that called for the buggy and that there was good reason for the Eastie riders not to have realised Jon was hurt but you seem to have blissfully missed that post and only discuss the negatives!

I agree that we are all entitled to our opinions however. I just wish people all posted based on ALL the facts.