British Speedway Forum
woofers

Eastbourne V Mildenhall Koc Final

I know you weren't, hence my comment that you do not read other posts. I was one of the people that heard Jon's yells of pain, explained that it was Connor that called for the buggy and that there was good reason for the Eastie riders not to have realised Jon was hurt but you seem to have blissfully missed that post and only discuss the negatives!

I agree that we are all entitled to our opinions however. I just wish people all posted based on ALL the facts.

In my defence when I went to reply your post wasn't there. I then had to go back to work and came back to the post so I didn't actually see yours until after I'd replied.

Anyway can't do naff all about it now. Roll on Sunday

In my defence when I went to reply your post wasn't there. I then had to go back to work and came back to the post so I didn't actually see yours until after I'd replied.

Anyway can't do naff all about it now. Roll on Sunday

Lol, no worries.

See you there maybe!

Back on topic I thought Ref Gay did a good job keeping things going very promptly, if only we had him the previous week things could have been different. However on the two exclusions I gave him the benefit of the doubt in heat 3 when I thought Tom might have been at fault but he was better placed than me. Heat 4 was different, it was going into the bend not on the apex and gave me the perfect view. When Drew Kemp went in Mattie Bates was outside of him and there was acres of space between them. Then we had a typical Bates fall and the yellow light went on instantly excluding Kemp. A terrible decision. To his credit Drew did not make an issue of it but he was hard done by.

After his terrific last to first in heat 2 he deserved better.

So Jon Armstrong gets injured in the last race. Had to be lifted off his bike. Clearly in agony. Medical staff ran over. The Eastbourne riders then came out with flairs and celebrated whilst he was getting treatment. The medical buggy was being used in part of the celebration and they came out with a wheelbarrow to bring him back to the pits. A wheelbarrow ffs. A. the riders should have shown more respect and waited for Jon to be back safe and sound in the pits and B. the whole thing is ridiculous.

1 of the promotion team then went to go and either film or take a picture of Jon in the wheelbarrow. Jon then refused to go in it before the buggy was summoned over.

Brennans mum started on a couple of Mildenhall fans for no reason. She thought she heard something but it wasn't from them. Apparently she was being held back, classy bird.

The actions of the Eastbourne team/promotion was terrible.

Jon is the 1st 1 on the track to anyone who has had a fall. Talk about no respect. Idiots!!

Well what a load of rubbish lets sort this all out as i watched all happen.

Jon lost control going into the 3rd 4th bend last lap and with out a question he had hurt something. when he was laying across the bike to cross the line you could see he was in a lot of pain.(Fact)

The Eastbourn boys went on parade big win last meeting of the season at home and lots of celebration on the stock car track, During this time jon was on the inside of the speedway track with the medical staff being treated. (Fact)

Somebody a member of track staff thought they would use a wheel barrow to help Jon. ( to lean on not to be transported ) so it was said later on. Medical staff asked to use the Golf Buggy to help Jon from the track (not a medical buggy) a golf buggy for collection and running staff around the staduim, The medical buggy as its now been renamed is also called an Ambulance.

Jon returned to the pits then got changed with the medical staff to find a lady in the pits moaning on the way he was treated and how poor the service was, also how eagles were celebrating, moaning about everything she could monaing at the Eastbourne promoter, Track staff, Medical staff, at at one point the lampost in the pits to see if she could get any reaction.

Jamie Easter or shall we call him Donald Trump. Moaned from the off. A problem he cold not get a Guest, the fact that the sun had been out all day also with Jenkins bulldozing Brennan, Kemp colliding with powell, starting gate movements? foul mouthing across the centre green at the Ref in front of children, Trying to get the meeting overturned because of the celebrations of the Eagles riders. (Fact)

The best thing of it all was Jon coming out the changing room behing helped to his van by the Eastbourne fans, his wife had no care about him tas he tried to stop he making a fool of herself as he was happy the way he was treated and it was an old injury that he had pulled. Jons wife was still trying to upset as many people as she could before she exited the staduim,

At one point she was even talking to the lampost and trying to get a photo of the offending wheel barrow (creative writting)

At the end of the day Jon is a really nice guy to be mixed up in something that didnt seem a problem at the time unless you was a mildenhall supported / wife / or James Trump.

Good lead for the Eagles boring meeting for home fans as Mildenhall never showed up. i wont be going to the last leg as i wont pay the entrnace fee for a double header.

Mmm. Clearly not knowing all facts what ever you think your seen was a lot different from what happened Jon was in a lot if pain and helped from his bike by 5/6 people someone than thought it a good idea to get a wheel barrow to put Jon in why the golf buggy was doing burn outs and the Eastbourne riders doing a lap of honour pulling wheelies with no helmets on with flares in There hand with only a wire fence between them and fans people drunk in the pits so if you think that's ok then carry on me telling duggard what I thought of it all was me feeling hurt and upset about the lack of respect for jon clearly you stated you know all the facts but you may want to get the facts right. mr duggard did agree with me over the wheel barrow and they didn't know what was going clearly the fact that it was a old injury is fact wrong again it wasn't even the same leg. The fact you don't know the full story. Yes Brennans mum who was drunk trying to start on a child was allowed to happen you believe what you want. but there was no one there yesterday that cared more about Jon than me x

• Like 1

Mmm. Clearly not knowing all facts what ever you think your seen was a lot different from what happened Jon was in a lot if pain and helped from his bike by 5/6 people someone than thought it a good idea to get a wheel barrow to put Jon in why the golf buggy was doing burn outs and the Eastbourne riders doing a lap of honour pulling wheelies with no helmets on with flares in There hand with only a wire fence between them and fans people drunk in the pits so if you think that's ok then carry on me telling duggard what I thought of it all was me feeling hurt and upset about the lack of respect for jon clearly you stated you know all the facts but you may want to get the facts right. mr duggard did agree with me over the wheel barrow and they didn't know what was going clearly the fact that it was a old injury is fact wrong again it wasn't even the same leg. The fact you don't know the full story. Yes Brennans mum who was drunk trying to start on a child was allowed to happen you believe what you want. but there was no one there yesterday that cared more about Jon than me x

On the subject. How is he? Whats he done?

You probably didn't notice but he was applauded as he was carted off the track on the buggy, by several concerned Eagles fans. He certainly looked in pain and its not often you see a rider in so much discomfort that they are lifted off the bike. Mind you, I guess thats because they are normally sprawled on the track!

For what its worth. That is the way the team celebrate each week and most the fans love it. I dont believe for one minute they would have realised Jon was in such discomfort. Had he taken a nasty tumble it almost certainly been different.

• Like 1

Originally I thought Jon was spread across the bike in the way he was because he was distraught at how the match had gone and his own performance. To be fair, he gave it all...he always does. Jon never backs off, never shirks a challenge and always races.

To begin with, I thought he was upset at what had gone on...it was only when I saw the medics around him that I thought something was wrong.

Sad for him that it ended like that. Pity it all kicked off as it did ,but emotions were running high on the Mildenhall side all night; so it is not a surprise that some went off like a bottle of pop.

Well if you look on Eagles facebook page now you can see the apology from Eastbourne Promotion about what happened.

I never saw any of it. I couldn't get out of the stadium quick enough, after what was, a very uncompetitive meeting.

To accuse an official Mrs Brennan of the BSPA / SCB a licenced official is a very bold statement, from where I was I didn’t see any of this. Again another angry outburst from Mrs Armstrong at the time. I would like to be a fly on the wall at Eastbourne and you could take Mrs Armstrong to the cleaners with slander.

Slander, the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

Edited by firstbendbunch

Anyway,

Any predictions for the score on Sunday, I shall we start a new thread?

For what its worth, I am gutted Jon is out, I like the guy. I hope Mildenhall can put a good team out. I would much rather Eagles win by two points overall with a heat 15 decider, than have a walkover!

Not too keen on a 4pm start for a double header. It could be going on until late evening!

Didnt realise that, are we first or second?

I appreciate the updates as much as anyone but have we ever thought maybe this is the cause helping to kill speedway? As teapot just said he can stay in the warm and watch the updates. As much as Im all for moving the times remember when you would have to wait Until after the meeting to get them on teletext or you went to the meeting!! I feel for the promoters at all clubs as I see both sides of the story updates are great but I personally think contributing to the demise of speedway in this county (along with stupid doubling up/down rules etc and guests)

That should read tea boy not pot lol

If updates is stopping people from going then how utterly $hit must your product be?

Fixture list shows 1st