British Speedway Forum
steve roberts

Speedway Memorabilia

Yes, speedway collecting is still very popular, and some items fetch really good prices, especially on eBay. I have a very large London speedway collection, but I have been thinning it out since moving house a couple of years ago.

If you have any pre 35s & you would like sell please pm me. especially Barnet, Lea Bridge, Dagenham, Stamford Bridge

If you have any pre 35s & you would like sell please pm me. especially Barnet, Lea Bridge, Dagenham, Stamford Bridge

badges, race jackets and photos are my thing. I only collect programmes of meetings I go to.

Got rid of most of my memorabilia but not all the reference things - mags, progs, yearbooks etc. Probably always keeps these. In fact, need the last few years of the Peter Oakes yearbooks, if anyone has them to offload.

As a matter of interest do people still collect speedway programmes, badges etc?

I wish that I had a garage because the thought of purchasing an original JAP or Jawa speedway bike would fulfil a dream!

I don't collect programmes but i do have a collection of dozens of race jackets and old posters. The old National League being a particular interest.

I also have a few upright bikes including a 1970 2-valve JAWA not far off as it left the factory. I did have more bikes but i'm down to 3 now.

• Like 1

I don't collect programmes but i do have a collection of dozens of race jackets and old posters. The old National League being a particular interest.

I also have a few upright bikes including a 1970 2-valve JAWA not far off as it left the factory. I did have more bikes but i'm down to 3 now.

similar to me I have 5 weslake bikes, 1 GM upright and a 2v jawa ,Ive just sold a rotrax Jap and a weslake to a guy in Australia, I also collect my own stuff from my career , I have my race jackets and I have the bike that I crashed in my final race of my career Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 5

My brother had a collection of shale from tracks around the country (including Wembley!) in those little 'tic-tac' mint perspex boxes!

I wish that I had a garage because the thought of purchasing an original JAP or Jawa speedway bike would fulfil a dream!

Ian Paterson, who has the best Speedway Museum in the Galaxy(From Cinder to Shale), has apart from the largest collection of vintage to modern bikes (Douglas, Rudge, Vincent Vampire etc) also displays a large collection of jars with samples of shale collected from many past & present venues worldwide.

Edited by cyclone
  • Like 2

I've got a collection from some ice racing tracks in jars,but they've all melted!!!

Has he only got shale samples?No cinders!!!

I also collect my own stuff from my career , I have my race jackets and I have the bike that I crashed in my final race of my career

Did you manage to keep all of the race jackets you raced in?

I've got a collection from some ice racing tracks in jars,but they've all melted!!! Has he only got shale samples?No cinders!!!

I've still got the ice hockey skates that i used to skate on the track at Grenoble in the 1980s. :lol:

Did you manage to keep all of the race jackets you raced in?

no unfortunately , Im missing my Carmarthen , Weymouth , buxton and Glasgow ones

Is that a 1999 season Glasgow jacket?

yes , I believe mick Powell had my jacket as it had his name on the back Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Ian Paterson, who has the best Speedway Museum in the Galaxy(From Cinder to Shale), has apart from the largest collection of vintage to modern bikes (Douglas, Rudge, Vincent Vampire etc) also displays a large collection of jars with samples of shale collected from many past & present venues worldwide.

Ian will be opening his fabulous collection for the day on Sunday 5th November 10-4pm for anyone who would like to visit.

Edited by Heather12
  • Like 1

I collect pictures, photos,autographs,programmes that is my main interest i also have endless albums and scrapbooks.My two favourite items are my Tommy Jansson autographs and a TJ 1975 Wembley pennant.Also i have Peter Craven's autograph ( my uncle got it ) there is one autograph i am desperate to get that is Peter Jackson the only member i dont have of the 1967 Budgies title side.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

I collect pictures, photos,autographs,programmes that is my main interest i also have endless albums and scrapbooks.My two favourite items are my Tommy Jansson autographs and a TJ 1975 Wembley pennant.Also i have Peter Craven's autograph ( my uncle got it ) there is one autograph i am desperate to get that is Peter Jackson the only member i dont have of the 1967 Budgies title side.

Welcome back Sidney!

• Like 1

I have a large box of Reading programmes, a large box of Swindon programmes and a large box of assorted track programmes that I inherited from a very good friend of mine. He lived by himself and used to get to speedway most nights of the week ie Reading, Milton Keynes, Coventry, Oxford where he lived, Swindon. Sadly he is no longer with us and I have just got round to thinking about getting rid of the boxes to a good home. But where? Anybody any ideas? Whoever gets them would have to collect from near Oxford. Oh yes, he also left many Oxford programmes but I'm still reluctant to get rid of those although I've got most of them myself! All the programmes go back years from early 1970s.

• Like 1