British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Ipswich V Peterborough Ko Cup Final 2nd Leg 26-10-17@7-30ish

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😉

Hard luck Ipswich. Injuries did it for you. Just shows what Peterborough could have achieved if they had had a honest 1-7 this season.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Peterborough yet again lady luck was not a Witches supporter.

Panthers fans be proud of your team tonight alot if you had written them off after the 2nd half collapse at your place but they got the job done tonight thou it pains me to say .

For the Witches yet again the bridesmaid and not the bride , got to feel for the riders you have done us proud this season.

Congratulations again to the Panthers and to the Witches so so close but so so far .

• Like 6

Losing King and Schlein for 9 out 10 heats over the two legs just proved too much of a hurdle in the end.

Join the club Ippo. Life can be so ruddy cruel sometimes.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 3

First of all - if they want to go to another meeting then brilliant, you have done a great job.

If they actually ask about Nicholls which I doubt as it is only their second meeting you explain that this is a totally unique sport and for over 50 years, riders have been able to take guest rides for other teams to try to keep the racing close and create good meetings.

If they ask any further questions they are probably winding you up and been going longer than you!!! :lol:

But how many riders have appeared for both sides in a cup-final. There used to be a seven-day rule and you couldn't ride at the same track twice in that time, but this is a joke gone too far. For christ sake wake up for once BSPA. or don't you really care. I have nothing against Scot Nicholls, he's just earning what he can and good luck to him but the whole guest rider system (if that's what it is) gets more out of hand every day.

• Like 1

Apologies to Panthers fans, but I just can't bring myself to saying well done, losing a top rider in one leg is bad luck, in both legs is ????????????

Cant agree with that however disappointed I am.

Boro scored more points and won and so should be congratulated.

Its not a like the crashes were the fault of any of their riders. Each incident was self inflicted.

What a weird meeting! Ippo was on fire to start out the gates. Without doubt losing King lost the final for the Witches. A combination of Panthers finally hating and Ippo running out of steam in the end. Shame Heeps binned it on the last lap as couldn't properly celebrate till I knew he was ok. Bigger shame that there wasn't many Panthers fans there?

Hard luck ippo, without the injuries you'd have won that.

Get well soon to Danny, awful crash.

Also how did I win the Raffle prize green 986-990 but then get told I have the wrong serial number? That was weird!

Still, I'd have swapped losing that for a trophy!

Cheers Jack Holder, hope you feel better soon.......

Edited by Panthers89
  • Like 1

Don't worry..I also felt bad on congratulating you lot last Sunday when it felt like we lost..still can't believe we pulled that off..I know you lost King but BWD scored FA!

Cheers Jack Holder, hope you feel better soon.......

Unfortunately British Speedway doesnt learn and he already has a contract in his pocket for 2018 - Im sure that has made him feel better 👎

Such bad luck for Ipswich, the rules are the same for both teams but it's still a kick in the nuts when in both legs to lose a rider after the first ride to be replaced by a reserve is not really a fair meeting.

My only argument on the guests is that yes as fans we moan about them but... Maybe if some of the riders who pull plain daft excuses and pull out meetings then guests would not be needed half as much. Some are genuine no doubt but I think some riders think we are that stupid we can't see what is going on. The amount of 24 hour bugs or 1 day recovery from injury is amazing. This time of year most have lost interest and so that's why Scotty and Bomber have picked up bookings, not many riders left in the uk and have gone home.

Edited by Coventry_Bee

Lambo the legend won it for us

So true and the supporters were ante Simon and Ulrich at the beginning of the season. These two have been loyal to the Panthers throughout the years and so pleased for them. Well done Panthers.
  • Like 3

Obviously Danny King's injury overshadowed the meeting, the concern shown by Ben Barker and Scott Nichols, amongst others, was a credit to them.

Nevertheless an enjoyable meeting despite the result, could have gone either way. Congratulations of course to Peterborough.

Unsung hero for Peterborough was Paul Starke (8+2). Winning heat 10 against both our reserves was fair enough, but the win in heat 12 against Heeps and Greaves for a 3-3 when the Witches would have been targeting a 5-1 was more than useful. Solid performances from Barker and Harris proved sufficient in the end, but a terrific effort by all the Witches under the circumstances.

Finally great to see such a crowd, hopefully the Witches will give them reason to return next year.