British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Ipswich V Peterborough Ko Cup Final 2nd Leg 26-10-17@7-30ish

Ipswich should get shot of Stephen Foster after he interviewed Nathan before heat 13 last night. Nathan looked like he had got his head clear again and was riding better after the heat 6 crash. Then he gets interviewed by Foster and the prize idiot asks him about the crash, what happens next he goes through the tapes in heat 14.

Yes the record books will show that Peterborough won the KOC but it shows why they didn't make the playoffs as they only beat a team comprising 2 heatleaders, 1 second string and 2 reserves over 2 legs by 4 points after we lost Rory & Danny after 1 race of each leg. The Ipswich team can hold their heads high for the way they kept on battling.

• Like 1

Ipswich should get shot of Stephen Foster after he interviewed Nathan before heat 13 last night. Nathan looked like he had got his head clear again and was riding better after the heat 6 crash. Then he gets interviewed by Foster and the prize idiot asks him about the crash, what happens next he goes through the tapes in heat 14.

Yes the record books will show that Peterborough won the KOC but it shows why they didn't make the playoffs as they only beat a team comprising 2 heatleaders, 1 second string and 2 reserves over 2 legs by 4 points after we lost Rory & Danny after 1 race of each leg. The Ipswich team can hold their heads high for the way they kept on battling.

I actually said the same about FOZ, well similar sentiment, although the words are not for printing on here!!!

• Like 2

Get shot of both rr and the guest rule. Hit the club's when they have riders that don't fancy it. If clubs are riding on set night's getting guests will be harder anyways.

So what would Redcar's line up at Sheffield have been on Thursday 19th under your scheme?

• Like 1

There's a difference between being fit enough to ride a speedway bike and fit enough to go for a meal with friends

I'll trust the opinion of a qualified doctor over a still picture which isn't very clear.

That's true. Tonsilitis would probably not stop you riding a speedway bike if you wanted to unless really severe, whereas you'd probably not feel like going out for a meal or making a 20 hour flight?

The absence of Panthers’ number one Jack Holder for the second leg of their semi-final triumph and both legs of the final has been a major talking point in the sport.

Holder has returned to his native Australia after being signed off with tonsilitis and Johnson admits it is a shame the 21 year-old couldn’t be part of the success. Holder also missed the club’s Fours victory back in August while racing in Poland.

But another rider who has been laid low with illness - second-string Bradley Wilson-Dean - did return last night. And his involvement was valuable despite the fact he failed to score.

“Jack has been signed off with a sicknote. Where he is, or why he is there, is not really my concern,” added Johnson.

“My focus was on the team - just as it has been all year with different things going on in the background - and the job of winning the KO Cup.

“Jack has been excellent this season and we would obviously have liked him in the side, but he wasn’t available due to illness and we have to accept that.

“Jack could have stayed and supported the boys, but he has chosen to go back to Australia and unfortunately missed out on a great night.

peterboroughtoday/speedway/panthers/more-ko-cup-final-reaction-witches-were-unlucky-says-panthers-team-boss 27/10/17

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Surely the team manager knew he went back to Australia to get fit for the gp??? Did jack not mention he was in the gp?

I bet you will find there is more to Bradley missing beforehand to. Sometimes you hear the odd rumour going about. Sometimes rumours turn out to be true?.

Edited by baldyman

Surely the team manager knew he went back to Australia to get fit for the gp??? Did jack not mention he was in the gp?

I bet you will find there is more to Bradley missing beforehand to. Sometimes you hear the odd rumour going about. Sometimes rumours turn out to be true?.

the sort of thing you would bet your wages on? - if you had any.....
  • Like 2

Ha ha maybe....Anyway I know you are a big old school rap fan..What's your favourite Eric B and Rakim album???

With speedway in mind it could be 'Follow the leader'

But I think you have the follow up in mind

For the first time I went up in the seats, couldn't hear a thing but never really liked the bloke when I could hear him. Also needed a light to see my racecard. Shame, you get a big crowd, many of whom haven't been there for years. Hardly sets a good impression, not too sure what our rent is, but surely we deserve better.

The good Lord said "let there be light, and there was light", but sadly it didn't extend to all parts of Foxhall, also noticed how dark the 3rd/4th bend was, soon the lads will have to attach headlights to their bikes.

• Like 1

No no no... The previous album was the best

Of course - silly me! Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Technically there are, but no doubt the rule makers will be tweeking the rule that screwed Ipswich over the two legs. Had a top P'boro rider got injured then he could have been replaced by other decent riders, but an Ipswich rider got injured in both legs, but we couldn't replace them with adequate replacements.

I thought this was the worst I'd felt after a meeting, but then I recalled Oxford all those years ago.

For younger readers, we needed a 5-1 in the last heat to win the cup, Cook and Doncaster gated and it was nailed on, then Cook made a stupid mistake, took Donkey out, they got a 3-3, and the ignorant Yank was doing wheelies.

I was there and it seemed clear to me that Cook made no mistake that night - he deliberately ran his team mate wide and as you say went on to celebrate his team losing. Revenge against John Berry is widely considered the reason behind his actions.

I was there and it seemed clear to me that Cook made no mistake that night - he deliberately ran his team mate wide and as you say went on to celebrate his team losing. Revenge against John Berry is widely considered the reason behind his actions.

Never head that conspiracy theory before, but certainly wouldn't say it was fantasy.

TBH if Sedge wasn't being such an utter idiot and not riding when he clearly can, you could have had IRR and then won that way. We can only beat what's infront of us.

I thought it was the Ipswich management who were wrong. Could they not have had a guest for Sedgmen due to him being in a FIM meeting half way round the world (or does that only apply to British riders?). If that had been the case they could then have had IRR for Danny in the second leg.

I don't think there can be an argument for a guest in the first leg at Peterborough.