British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunters

National League 2018

The "National League no assets" rule has always rankled. It is unfair and totally unreasonable for the upper league promoters to be allowed to cherry pick any promising young rider that has been developed by a National League club - without having to pay any kind of transfer fee. (I am reliably informed that a nominal fee is actually payable - but that is is so minimal as to be not worth having.)

The biggest beef is the fact that the National League Promoters had absolutely no say in the introduction of this rule, and personally, I can't see any reason why they shouldn't band together and produce a contract form of their own and get their riders to sign it. The BSPA rules can't over-rule the law of the land, and in legal terms, a contract is a contract surely?

• Like 1

The "National League no assets" rule has always rankled. It is unfair and totally unreasonable for the upper league promoters to be allowed to cherry pick any promising young rider that has been developed by a National League club - without having to pay any kind of transfer fee. (I am reliably informed that a nominal fee is actually payable - but that is is so minimal as to be not worth having.)

The biggest beef is the fact that the National League Promoters had absolutely no say in the introduction of this rule, and personally, I can't see any reason why they shouldn't band together and produce a contract form of their own and get their riders to sign it. The BSPA rules can't over-rule the law of the land, and in legal terms, a contract is a contract surely?

The National League is definitely the poor relation of the sport and is not treated equally.

Nothing appears to have been done re clashes between Championship and National League whereby once again the NL team bows down and has multiple guests in a league match.

• Like 2

The National League is definitely the poor relation of the sport and is not treated equally.

Nothing appears to have been done re clashes between Championship and National League whereby once again the NL team bows down and has multiple guests in a league match.

Its definitely something that the NL needs to look at during their AGM. But without co-operation from the Championship its hard to reach a viable conclusion.

• Like 2

Certainly something that NL promoters need to look at both at the AGM and when completing signings. It would certainly make any rider who signs for a championship side who ride regularly on a Sunday far less appealing but its certainly important not to stand in the way of riders who are progressing.

Its down to the promoters who make the signings to judge id they wish to include doubling up riders in their sides with the risk of them being missing X meetings a season or not but i would say that an initial max of 2 per team is plenty?

Jayne Moss put an excellent post on about NL clubs and assets a while ago and although I cannot remember it all she said that it is very much a double edge sword.

When is the National League AGM ?

Fairly sure they haven't got together to arrange a date to discuss it yet, let alone a date for the actual agm! Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

Been told around 2 weeks after the Premiership and Championship agm

Fairly sure they haven't got together to arrange a date to discuss it yet, let alone a date for the actual agm!

They definitely had a meeting at RUgby in the last two weeks of the season...probably a pre agm

I see teams are making signings other than 3 point reserves and maybe one key rider that fits into everything Im not sure how clubs are sorting it. I gather all clubs would want 40 but what about the teams that cant afford to pay big money like stoke Buxton and IOW surely the limit has to be bought down so they can bring out a decent team?

I see teams are making signings other than 3 point reserves and maybe one key rider that fits into everything Im not sure how clubs are sorting it. I gather all clubs would want 40 but what about the teams that cant afford to pay big money like stoke Buxton and IOW surely the limit has to be bought down so they can bring out a decent team?

Dunno where this cost thing comes in, I know for a fact all riders at kent get same money per point from 1 to 7.

So the total average has no effect on the costs.

Buxton have also stated they are about development so if thy put a young side in 2 or 3 points under the limit, then no problem for them, not like they have masses of fans to lose so not having a winning side is not essential.

IOW another bad example when you consider the signed Ben Morley on 9.49, so they certainly won't want average lowering either.

If the average did come down Mildenhall would be run away winners with 3 of the top 4×3 pointers available already snapped up

If youre trying to tell me that Luke Bowen is paid the same amount as Bradley andrews or George Hunter then youre the most gullible person on this forum Luke Bowen would not ride for the same as a reserve neither would Hopwood or Clifton why would the great Len silver pay his blue eyed boy the same as a rider that was outfir 10 years

• Like 2

If youre trying to tell me that Luke Bowen is paid the same amount as Bradley andrews or George Hunter then youre the most gullible person on this forum Luke Bowen would not ride for the same as a reserve neither would Hopwood or Clifton why would the great Len silver pay his blue eyed boy the same as a rider that was outfir 10 years

I was thinking the same but he did say he knows for a fact they all get the same i know they do not at Birmingham.

THats because no club pays their number one the same as their number 6 redandyellow, teaboy is talking out of his a#*e or the person that told him is telling him porkies

• Like 1