British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Workington Cl Fri 27th Oct 2017 @ 7-30pm

So we've finally come to the end ( weather permitting ) of the most shambolic season the fans of every club have had to endure .

What began as a season full of optimism , descended into farce at times .

For us , we looked to have assembled a side capable of challenging for honours , but between injuries and riders riding for other teams instead of us , the season limped out in disappointment .

The real low point was the embarrassing home capitulation to a two man Sheffield side .

Any the final 15 heats , hopefully , are run tomorrow night so it's very small consolation , but a win takes us above Edinburgh into third in the table .

I think a very different looking Tigers septet will take to the track when we return in late March , fingers crossed tomorrow's opponents will still be around to resume hostilities in 2018 .

• Like 6

almost always agree with your posts paulco

and this time is no different most clubs have had a bad season 1 way or another

and yes hopefully workington will not only run next year but be run in a better manner where the fans and promotion work together instead of the promotion doing everything oposite to what the fans are sugesting

• Like 1

With Cook not riding, Worky will have 3 guests anyway.

almost always agree with your posts paulco

and this time is no different most clubs have had a bad season 1 way or another

and yes hopefully workington will not only run next year but be run in a better manner where the fans and promotion work together instead of the promotion doing everything oposite to what the fans are sugesting

one member of the promotion has totally turned his)oops) back on the fans of workington and single handedly has run it down ..

.blaming glitches in the system for not keeping the site up to date .(not dan). no word from any of them at the last meeting of the season , a crying shame .

as everyone else has said , its been a shambolic season for every yeam , one way or another .

bspa/scb still trying to cream whats left in the barrel and thats not right .

hope for a decent end to the season at glasgow and all fans and riders go home happy .

if we run or not , we still have had some good speedway to watch at workington .

so , for the last time........................... this season .

COME ON THE SPEEDWAY MARRAS

• Like 3

With Cook not riding, Worky will have 3 guests anyway.

wonder if we tell sarj hes a guest he will get the big scores hes been getting for others

but to be fair to sarj and it hurts to say this hes probably been the best rider for last few meetings for the comets which makes the last 3 months even harder to accept

does anyone have the teams for tonight, normally on glasgow's twitter, but recently becoming later and later

Well done boys what a great effort from Ty and Mason and our brilliant guests Ben and Ashley , no one expected that win just a shame it was on a night where probably not many Worky supporters had made the journey , let's hope next season the Champions will be crowned at the end of season and not weeks before a lot of teams had fixtures to run and all teams suffering low crowds that can be crippling for all promotions

I take it you be at the end of season Do next Friday Jenga, showing your support as always ?? Mmmmmm thought not , you would rather hide behind your computer you sad little man

And that rounds off a rather flat season. Bewley and Summers were woeful, not sure if by design. You could speculate some of our riders had one eye on their 2018 averages. Barker was awesome, Morris and Campton were decent, even Proctor looked somewhat competent in the slick.

So its goodbye to most of the class of 2017, best of luck with your new teams. Good to hear the track will be widened over the winter with the infield being taken in to provide more racing lines. Three years in the owners are still striving for improvement in the product. Bring on 2018.

Well done boys what a great effort from Ty and Mason and our brilliant guests Ben and Ashley , no one expected that win just a shame it was on a night where probably not many Worky supporters had made the journey , let's hope next season the Champions will be crowned at the end of season and not weeks before a lot of teams had fixtures to run and all teams suffering low crowds that can be crippling for all promotions

I take it you be at the end of season Do next Friday Jenga, showing your support as always ?? Mmmmmm thought not , you would rather hide behind your computer you sad little man

i have not attended an end of season doo since the relaunch of speedway in 1999 . its not my thing to stick my biggest muscle up riders and promoters ar$$es... .

i support the team by paying my entry fee every week and other stuff.

just because you attend every end of season doo , does not make you a better supporter than anyone else .i hope we run next year so i and many other non but t kissers can pay their way and keep it alive .

pity they didnt book the lads band for the end of season doo . check out the fusion dukes OR flynt on their websites . would have gone down really well .

Edited by jenga

Poor end to not a bad season but not what any of us were looking for.

Think only Lunna and Smith will return out of this years team, time to break it up and move on and thank the riders that have served us well.

Well done on the win. :t:

Agree with your thoughts about fixtures and low crowds. Best of luck to the Comets for next season.

• Like 1

For those not there last night, the Glasgow fans voted for Ryan macdonald as rider of the night. It was good to see the guests on both sides giving 100%

• Like 1