British Speedway Forum
wealdstone

Rathbone/godfrey Allegations

ACU have ordered SCB to undertake an Independent revue over this matter. In this case I choose to believe Rathbones version.

However I have few doubts that the BSPA Mafia will look after their own.

• Like 2

so will the clowns sit down and discuss this matter or will it be a brush and carpet job as someone else said ?

Both of the wild cannons should be brought to book by the SCB and that censure should include the BSPA Chairman too. For bringing the sport into disrepute.

The problem here is how much do you trust/have faith in either of them!!

Only they know what was discussed during this conversation (if it did take place) - the one factor that would concern/influence me based on what has been reported so far is why this was never raised previously. If I were accused of breaking the rules, and knew of all the comments being thrown about, attended a hearing to explain my actions and then got punished - I would have been shouting very loudly that I had received advice/verbal permission to undertake the actions I had. I certainly wouldn't come out and announce it weeks later!

Everyone will have watched a police drama on TV and heard the words "..... it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court....."

I would suggest it may harm your defence even more if you do not mention something when questioned, or in court, and then later rely upon this when justifying your actions

Edited by northyorksbear
  • Like 3

The problem here is how much do you trust/have faith in either of them!!

Only they know what was discussed during this conversation (if it did take place) - the one factor that would concern/influence me based on what has been reported so far is why this was never raised previously. If I were accused of breaking the rules, and knew of all the comments being thrown about, attended a hearing to explain my actions and then got punished - I would have been shouting very loudly that I had received advice/verbal permission to undertake the actions I had. I certainly wouldn't come out and announce it weeks later!

Everyone will have watched a police drama on TV and heard the words "..... it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court....."

I would suggest it may harm your defence even more if you do not mention something when questioned, or in court, and then later rely upon this when justifying your actions

I feel that Rathbone had said he was given the nod by Godfrey from word go. Subsequently silenced by BSPA until the trial.

This could be the game changer for Ged

Could be a game changer for both.Likely that the loser will not necessarily be the one who is being truthful . Both parties now dug themselves a hole that they can't get out of.

More the fool Rathbone for listening to a fellow promoter, and a member of the management committee to boot.