British Speedway Forum
wealdstone

Rathbone/godfrey Allegations

Maybe he had no money

I am sure he would not have been asked to pay. This is not Belle Vue!!!!. Of course he could have been denied access to the buffet or if your theory is correct he could have had a few sarnies in lieu of wages.

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 2

Crap like this doesn’t help any club let alone one that that’s got an excellent reputation for paying its riders promptly.

Thought you'd be used to it now Dick, we've had the same cobblers for many many seasons. I'd say that riders being owed money at some point during the season is pretty standard in speedway where cashflow for those paying the bills is less than consistent. It's a useful forum filler though when things are quiet: just say that someone is owed money!

• Like 2

maybe sedgeman was not getting paid either , after all he rode decent in the final G.P. in aus . food for thought !

And what did Bomber say on Friday?

It was noticeable that you evaded answering that part of the question.

All the best

Rob

Bomber wasn’t there on Friday

• Like 1

Thought you'd be used to it now Dick, we've had the same cobblers for many many seasons. I'd say that riders being owed money at some point during the season is pretty standard in speedway where cashflow for those paying the bills is less than consistent. It's a useful forum filler though when things are quiet: just say that someone is owed money!

To be fair you are right but I do know that this sort of talk is damaging to clubs from previous experience.

I am sure if this had any substance I would have heard but I can honestly say it’s generally the opposite, Ged’s got a very good name for paying his riders spot on when it’s due.

• Like 2

Yes it's back street gasbag wagging wives season again .(I heard this , I heard that from a friend of a friend who knows somebody )

• Like 1

And after all that's been said...still no proof that it is or isn't true.

One wonders why you raised it then, surely not sour grapes for Thursday.

• Like 1

To be fair you are right but I do know that this sort of talk is damaging to clubs from previous experience.

I am sure if this had any substance I would have heard but I can honestly say its generally the opposite, Geds got a very good name for paying his riders spot on when its due.

Good to hear.

So you seem to be categorically stating that you know BWD wasnt owed money and it isnt the case he only rode in the 2nd leg once paid and that any comments intimating as such were in jest.

And after all that's been said...still no proof that it is or isn't true.

I am no fan of Rathbone over the Holdergate affair but spurious and unsubstantiated allegations such of these help no one. Put up or shut up!!!.

• Like 1

Good to hear.

So you seem to be categorically stating that you know BWD wasnt owed money and it isnt the case he only rode in the 2nd leg once paid and that any comments intimating as such were in jest.

Certainly didn’t say anything about it Friday and I spoke to him for about 20 minutes, in fact other than Baldy I haven’t heard anyone mention it (all season) and like I said I think I would have known if their was any substance to it.

Brad was talking on the mike for a while and he mentioned a lot of the crap he had read on the forums and it was just that crap.

• Like 1

Good to hear.

BWD stated on Friday that a lot of rubbish about him appeared on forums, but said he had been unwell both physically and . mentally. It is beyond belief that he would have appeared voluntarily at the end of season bash had he had any issues with Panthers management.

I put up already.. Have a read

You quoted what you have heard. Unsubstantiated I would suggest.

• Like 2

BWD stated on Friday that a lot of rubbish about him appeared on forums, but said he had been unwell both physically and . mentally. It is beyond belief that he would have appeared voluntarily at the end of season bash had he had any issues with Panthers management.

You quoted what you have heard. Unsubstantiated I would suggest.

Was BWD asked if any of forum 'stuff' true? Afterall he said "a lot" was rubbish.. whats a lot? 90% ? what about the other 10%

Maybe BWD was there to pick up rest of monies owed?

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut