British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Mildenhall V Eastbourne / Iow Sunday 29th October

Any previews for this meeting, any info on admission prices for this meeting, any interest in this meeting!

Press release from Mildenhall Speedway -

Fen Tigers aim for comeback of all comebacks!

The KJM/Manchetts Fen Tigers go into Sundays KO Cup Final 2nd leg drawing confidence from the incredible Play Off final of 2011, where for a last heat exclusion they could of overturned a twenty nine point deficit!

This time it is only twenty eight points but to add to that figure the Fen Tigers go into the meeting without Captain Jon Armstrong, Danny Halsey and now Connor Mountain. Mountains season is over following a recurrence of his recent shoulder injury after riding for Ipswich last evening. Kevin Jolly is again left to seek a replacement number one, whilst Alfie Bowtell comes in for Armstrong and the Fen Tigers continue to run R/R for Danny Halsey. The Fen Tigers have though shown incredible spirit against the odds at times this season and promoter Kevin Jolly refuses to believe that the comeback to end all comebacks is not beyond his team he said

We seem to be having nothing but bad luck at the moment, but the spirit is still very strong and we will go all out on Sunday from the off and see where it takes us. Sourcing number one riders at this stage of the year has proved almost impossible with many riders having packed up for the season but I am confident of finding a suitable replacement for Connor. To lose the three heat leaders you started the season with is almost unheard of but that is where we are and we have to get on with it. Hopefully our supporters will get behind the lads from the off and encourage a monumental performance from them

Following the main event the KJM/Manchetts Fen Tigers will close their season with their outstanding league fixture against the Isle of Wight. Entrance prices for Sunday are £18.00 for adults and concessions with children admitted for free. The gates open at 2.30pm ahead of the 30 heats on offer and following the Isle of Wight meeting there will be a firework display for fans. One of the clubs sponsors Stonefield Farm Shop will be handing out pumpkins to children prior to the meeting.

Teams

KJM/Manchetts Fen Tigers

v Eastbourne - 1. TBC 2. R/R (Danny Halsey) 3. Alfie Bowtell (G) 4. Luke Ruddick 5. Jordan Jenkins 6. Alex Spooner 7. Drew Kemp 8. Sam Bebee

v Isle of Wight 1. TBC 2. R/R (Danny Halsey) 3. Alfie Bowtell (G) 4. Luke Ruddick 5. Jordan Jenkins 6. Alex Spooner 7. Sam Woods 8. Sam Bebee

Eastbourne 1. Josh Bailey 2. Charly Powell 3. Georgie Wood 4. Tom Brennan 5. Jake Knight 6. Jason Edwards 7. Matt Bates

Isle of Wight 1. James Cockle 2. Chris Widman 3. Connor Coles 4. Scott Campos 5. Ben Wilson 6. Jamie Sealey 7. Adam Portwood

Edited by adz_mft

Although I'd seriously like to have one last fix of speedway for the season my attendance very much depends on the guest at No1 for the Tigers. Anybody less than a sensible equivalent for Connor and it seems pointless wasting my money, that's my opinion anyway.

So if anyone can find out and post on here I would definitely appreciate it before making my decision?

Thanks in advance to anyone in the know.

Facebook now has Ben Hopwood as the guest

Thanks, I don't do Facebook hence I asked the question. Also does it start at 4-00pm as per SGB website? Seems strange a double header starting an hour later than usual?

The reason for the late start is that there is a "rave" of very strange people starting Sat afternoon..finishing 0600am Sunday......gives us enough time then to clean up teh stadium of all sorts of interesting "stuff"

Not our choice but the only date we were given by the stadium owners

Sex drugs and rock and roll - read it on a t shirt once now I get to see it at Mildenhall stadium of all places lol

Is there anyone going to this double header who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number.

Thanks

Still need texters for these meetings, is anyone able to help please?

Thanks

Anyone able to help please?

Thanks

Edit - Now have a texter for the first meeting, still need one for the 2nd meeting, is anyone able to help please?

Thanks

Edited by crazysue

Well done eastie and a plucky effort from the fen tigers. Just a really good 2 legged final ruined by lack of availabilty in leg 1

What an excellent afternoon/evenings entertainment. A decent crowd, some great racing and superb fish & chips. Well done to mildenhall for putting on a good show and well done Eastie for winning the cup.

• Like 1

Was good meeting, but it wasnt really ruined by Mountain not being their for first leg and not very good guest as would have maybe made a 5 points less gap from first leg but we would still have won easily over two legs.

Plus so many ridiculous ref decisions in the meeting today, couldn't believe some of them.

Edited by Moleman27

I think had we Had Mountain for both legs plus Armstrong for the 2nd leg it would have certainly made things a lot more interesting. Thought yesterday's meeting was a good 1.Bugger me it was cold though haha

Congrats to Eastie on the win