British Speedway Forum

Looks like the hammers are applying to join the 2nd tier, any thoughts?.

What's the difference between the PL & CL? .................................................Top rider on a 8point+ average in PL to a 2-3point average rider in CL who also rides in NL!

For a start, they can keep their Friday race night instead of being stuck with monday and thursday fixed nights. I would imagine the likes of kennett, ellis, morley & Zach might be nailed on for team places. Some who are lakeside assets.

Could have

Lawson

Kennett

Ellis

Morley

Zach

Broc Nicol

Sedgmen

Something like that.

Well if Sedges form continued in the direction as it was heading he would end up at no7 as listed 😜

Well if Sedges form continued in the direction as it was heading he would end up at no7 as listed 😜

Ahahha. I just thought lakeside and Rye house could have a little bit of a deal going on.

Where is this info coming from? Thought they wanted top league move?

jon cook announced it last night at lakeside's end of season do.

This could be a clever move, if the top division is racing Monday/Thursday and Lakeside are racing Friday or Saturday then we could have the odd double up/down rider without too much risk of having said rider double booked, of the riders who could double up, without a doubt Rory Schlien would be a very popular signing and I would like to see Justin Sedgmen too as he was quite popular the last time he rode for us, Ben and Zach would be second strings, and I would suspect Zach would push on more than Ben towards the heat leader bracket.

This would be the first time since 2003 that the Hammers have raced in the second tier, and 2003 was a very enjoyable season, I have found memories of that one.

Does anyone have starting Championship averages for the following riders please?

Zach Watjknecht

Ben Morley

Adam Ellis

Stuart Robson

Edward Kennett

Richard Lawson

Kim Nilsson

Scott Nicholls

Justin Sedgmen

Lewis Bridger

Lewis Kerr

Paul Hurry

Rory Schlein

Gino Manzares

If we do apply to join the Championship, I would expect all the above riders to enter our promotions thoughts for possible line-ups.

Edited by Cliv Clav

Looks like the hammers are applying to join the 2nd tier, any thoughts?.

Yeah but nothing any hammers fans want to hear.

• Like 2

A question for a question here-

I wonder if riders in next years Championship will be given an average based on one they attained in the CH in 2017 or will they reconvert the PR 2017 one? you never know, they might state the higher of the two figures will be used for team building purposes but i would expect the following roughly Ben Morley and Zach to be around 5.50, Adam Ellis around 7.50, Edward Kennett 9.00 and Kim Nillson around the 10.50-11.00

I don't think Kim Nilsson will figure in an 'all British' team.

I don’t see Kim riding for us either, his average would be too big a chunk and I don’t think he would ride in the second tier anyway, think the lad has more ambition than that.

But despite Jon claiming to have said he would like an all British team I don’t think you can rule out the odd Australian.

I am sure we could find seven brits though no problem at all, if we can get at least three hopefully four of those all well under 23 and future prospects then Even better, Ben, Zach and Alfie (at reserve) would fit that bill, just need another reserve to partner Alfie, could we get someone like Tom Brennan?