British Speedway Forum

Apparently it came from an end of season get together, I think it’s a case of they couldn’t afford the top flight as it stood at the time, dropped down to the NL only to find it was a bit of a drop to far so have decided to go for a more intermediate approach.

I don’t see Kim riding for us either, his average would be too big a chunk and I don’t think he would ride in the second tier anyway, think the lad has more ambition than that.

But despite Jon claiming to have said he would like an all British team I don’t think you can rule out the odd Australian.

I am sure we could find seven brits though no problem at all, if we can get at least three hopefully four of those all well under 23 and future prospects then Even better, Ben, Zach and Alfie (at reserve) would fit that bill, just need another reserve to partner Alfie, could we get someone like Tom Brennan?

You'd be heading into the season with four reserves and struggle to win a meeting home or away. Two of Wajknecht, Morley and Bowtell at reserve wouldn't be a bad start though. All three potentially could be accommodated but you'd have to have a very good top four because some meetings (particularly away) they'd need carrying.

It depends how the conversion rate between divisions is being handled, could see something along the lines of Lawson, Kennett, Bridger, Ellis, Morley, Wajknecht and Bowtell if it fits.

• Like 1

Can you imagine the team.

Lawson, Kennett, Bridger, Kerr, Morley, Wajtknecht and one other.

Edited by Brandon Bob

BRIDGER , who the Feck want him ?

overrated and a show pony ......

• Like 1

I don’t see Kim riding for us either, his average would be too big a chunk and I don’t think he would ride in the second tier anyway, think the lad has more ambition than that.

But despite Jon claiming to have said he would like an all British team I don’t think you can rule out the odd Australian.

I am sure we could find seven brits though no problem at all, if we can get at least three hopefully four of those all well under 23 and future prospects then Even better, Ben, Zach and Alfie (at reserve) would fit that bill, just need another reserve to partner Alfie, could we get someone like Tom Brennan?

With regard to an all British team, I don't think it is written in stone yet. Jon rattled of a few names and said we "could " have an all British time if I heard him correctly, but I agree that everybody's favourite Swede would be ruled out by his average. I wouldn't rule out Scott Nicholls. He has wanted to come for years and would probably like a CL place an hours journey from home at this stage of his career.

With regard to Alfie, I like him a lot but at this stage of his career I think he is still trying to find his feet in the CL, and we really need someone to kick on a bit. Alfie, by his own admission, has done well this year because he has been partnered by Paul Hurry who has protected him a bit, but he has found it hard going when he was on his own in the CL.

Will a move into the Championship be enough to get our fans back from Rye House ? A very Northern based league with only

Peterborough and Ipswich as local Derbies. None the less is probably the best move given that National League did not pay

its way. It's now up to all of US to pay our money at the gate, stop moaning about the management and make sure we have a future

Aye ! Berwicks big mistake this year, all worries about him , shown to be true :mad::mad:

Yip,he is just wasted talent ,nothing will change with him IMO .

It's incredible to think that Bridger and Woffinden were very equal when coming through the youth system.

I actually thought Lewis had the edge back then.

I like Lewis though and he's great to watch when on the gas.

Just a shame that he couldn't fulfill his undoubted potential.

• Like 1

It's incredible to think that Bridger and Woffinden were very equal when coming through the youth system.

I actually thought Lewis had the edge back then.

I like Lewis though and he's great to watch when on the gas.

Just a shame that he couldn't fulfill his undoubted potential.

Tai has been almost dripping in sponsorship from Day One in the sport, whereas Lewis has never had much, and that makes a big , big difference in the modern sport. Having said that, Lewis has let people down at times and that in itself turns potential sponsors off.

However neither Tai nor Lewis can be described as genuine team players and I wouldn't particularly want either in my ideal team.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though. Lakeside's licence is for EL/Premier League and their application to join the Championship has yet to be accepted.

Lets hope there are no problems if one or two move up to the premier as predicted ,i would think there would be no problem//

Pardon me for asking but if there has recently been promotion/relegation matches and Sheffield lost out, how can a team just decide to enter anyway? Does that mean Sheffield will want to enter as well? :rolleyes:

• Like 2