British Speedway Forum

Did you really believe that Promotion/Relegation farce would make a blind bit of difference

• Like 3

Don’t think anyone can have an issue with Lakeside joining the CH, as there was no promotion/relegation between the CH and NL, the prem however is a different story and should for at least this winter be honoured, so in short no change to the teams in that division unless someone wanted to drop down because the only alternative would be to close in which case Sheffield should be given first refusal to keep the numbers as per 2017.

BIG IF Kent are still NL, Rye are prem, then some of those fans might double up, it happened in the past, I used to go and watch Rye sometimes when they were second division and Arena were in the first, granted back then you would not have loads of double uppers so you went to see riders you would not normally watch but were still at a good level.

Ipswich I imagine will stay as CH and with Lakeside looking at that option you would have a derby of sorts.

promotion and relagation , its only a title for another end of season meeting . its a load of bollox .

fans can see it , why cant the bspa/scb see it ?

any team that wants to apply to gain an entry into ANY league can just shove the cash ( BUNG ) and they are in .

bspa/scb are just a bunch of farmers and they are milking the product for all they can ..

there is going to be some interesting reading coming up . lets see who bails out of the high ranking farmers !

• Like 5

1. Richard Lawson 8.62

2. Adam Ellis 4.67

3. Justin Sedgeman 6.19

4. Ben Barker 8.15

5. Rory Schlein 8.58

6. Alfie Bowtell 2.00

7. Zac Wajknecht 2.63

Give them the title now if that happens! All good round Lakeside.

1. Richard Lawson 8.62

2. Adam Ellis 4.67

3. Justin Sedgeman 6.19

4. Ben Barker 8.15

5. Rory Schlein 8.58

6. Alfie Bowtell 2.00

7. Zac Wajknecht 2.63

Apart from the fact that Ellis and ZW both have Prem aves that would be converted to much higher figures and put it way over any likely team limit
  • Like 1

Ben Barker will only be riding for one team in 2018...it won't be Lakeside

He will be riding with whoever offers him the most money as he normally does.

But to be fair its not only him, and he is box office.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 5

I suspect he has learnt his lesson - he has found a promotion that support - think at this stage of his career, that goes a long way.

• Like 2

Ben has put all his problems away. It has happened because he has found his niche. Redcar Bears . The promotion and, of course the fans, have done everything to help him achieve his best season for years. I reckon he appreciates that, and it showed in his racing...superb. Redcar will be his team in 2018.

I would certainly hope Ben is back, he seemed to enjoy being a Bear and we enjoyed having him.

You never know in speedway though, and riders often tell fans just what they want to hear.

they only tell fans what they want to hear on the last day of the season , so they dont get their van/equipment trashed lol.

they only tell fans what they want to hear on the last day of the season , so they dont get their van/equipment trashed lol.

a think its a bit more civilised in the East, even in that area.

• Like 1

Pardon me for asking but if there has recently been promotion/relegation matches and Sheffield lost out, how can a team just decide to enter anyway? Does that mean Sheffield will want to enter as well? :rolleyes:

Lakeside have an EL /Premier licence held open for a year and presumably it wouldn't be too difficult to swap licences with a CL club that wants to go up. Ipswich seem to be in the frame to go up. They already have a Thursday Race night, and are getting decent sized crowds these days .

1. Richard Lawson 8.62

2. Adam Ellis 4.67

3. Justin Sedgeman 6.19

4. Ben Barker 8.15

5. Rory Schlein 8.58

6. Alfie Bowtell 2.00

7. Zac Wajknecht 2.63

I would suggest that you might find a Rye House asset or two in the mix for Lakeside. A certain Kings Lynn asset and former Hammerhas tweeted that he has two teams fixed already for 2018. It wouldn't surprise me if those teams were KL Premier and Lakeside Championship especially as he has tweeted that he likes the track and the promotion at Lakeside

I take it he will be dropped from at least 1 of his current teams then (or is there no more doubling up/down etc).

Lakeside have an EL /Premier licence held open for a year and presumably it wouldn't be too difficult to swap licences with a CL club that wants to go up. Ipswich seem to be in the frame to go up. They already have a Thursday Race night, and are getting decent sized crowds these days .

I would suggest that you might find a Rye House asset or two in the mix for Lakeside. A certain Kings Lynn asset and former Hammerhas tweeted that he has two teams fixed already for 2018. It wouldn't surprise me if those teams were KL Premier and Lakeside Championship especially as he has tweeted that he likes the track and the promotion at Lakeside

Lewis Kerr would be a very welcome addition to Championship life for the Hammers.

Good attitude he has.

• Like 2