British Speedway Forum

can understand getting rid rid of ellis as could never

handle our track and has slagged the club off enough

but why zac surely if the club really want an all british

team as they keep saying then keeping zac as an asset should

have been a no brainer.

what is our asset base anyone know?

all I can think of if still on it are peter llung and the Davidson brothers.

.what is our asset base anyone know?all I can think of if still on it are peter llung and the Davidson brothers.

Kim, Stuart Robson, Rob Mear, and technically Adam Shields, Kauko Neiminen and (sadly)Lee Richardson. When you look back at the assts bought over the years, Kim and Robbo are the only ones the club have really got their money's worth from, including loan fees so you have to wonder if it's worth buying assets any more.

Far more commercially viable to find a new talent, sign him, develop him and sell him at a profit , which is what they seem to have done with Adam and Zak. Of course it does depend on keep finding new talent but there are some coming through, as we have seen from the junior races,

Now my positive thoughts have taken a turn.

I can understand the reason behind selling Adam as he wasn't happy here anyway but surely selling Zach is sending out the totally wrong message after a week of better news?

My romantic thought was that we could build a team around Zach for the future.

What a load of cack!

• Like 1

Assetts though don't mean much in speedway anymore and it never prevented us from being able to track the likes of AJ.

In the grand scheme of things Lakeside have and for the immediate future will be a selling club, but in the CH that could over time change.

If and its a big IF we end up with a top three of Kim, Edward and Richard, only Edward and Richard would i pressume be on loan, and if we got Lewis Kerr he would also be on loan, but it does not really matter, so long as they are there each and every week bar injury, I don't care who owns them.

• Like 2

Assetts though don't mean much in speedway anymore and it never prevented us from being able to track the likes of AJ.

In the grand scheme of things Lakeside have and for the immediate future will be a selling club, but in the CH that could over time change.

If and its a big IF we end up with a top three of Kim, Edward and Richard, only Edward and Richard would i pressume be on loan, and if we got Lewis Kerr he would also be on loan, but it does not really matter, so long as they are there each and every week bar injury, I don't care who owns them.

Spot on. The other side of the coin is that owning a rider as an asset doesn't stop him going elsewhere if he wants to (and gets paid more ) as Swindon discovered when Adrian Medzinski went to Poole a few years ago.

If what I am hearing turns into fact, I may just brave that M25 on a regular basis in 2018.

It may surprise a few.

If what I am hearing turns into fact, I may just brave that M25 on a regular basis in 2018.

It may surprise a few.

Spill the beans then mate ;)

Apparently we will be racing Saturday nights according to Glasgow boss Stewart Dickson.

Edited by liam

Well im certain there will be at least 1 ex Witch at Lakeside in 2018

Apparently we will be racing Saturday nights according to Glasgow boss Stewart Dickson.

Ah so the stadium owners have phoned up Stewart Dickson and told him there won't be any stock cars on Saturdays next year ? I doubt it. There might be a few Saturday's , as there always was when there were fixture clashes even in the EL days but I will be astonished if Saturday is the regular race night.

Experience over the years has told me that at this stage of the game only two people know what's happening, that's Jon and Stuart.

Well im certain there will be at least 1 ex Witch at Lakeside in 2018

Tony Davey ?

• Like 2

Ah so the stadium owners have phoned up Stewart Dickson and told him there won't be any stock cars on Saturdays next year ? I doubt it. There might be a few Saturday's , as there always was when there were fixture clashes even in the EL days but I will be astonished if Saturday is the regular race night.

Experience over the years has told me that at this stage of the game only two people know what's happening, that's Jon and Stuart.

Tony Davey ?

He is also a member of the SCB committee so maybe he does know what is happening. He is on a speedway podcast tomorrow I will see if I can listen to it.

A new face. Won this league with three different clubs. Top point scorer in the Premiership this season.

A new face. Won this league with three different clubs. Top point scorer in the Premiership this season.

Nick Morris?

I cannot confirm or deny this.

I understand mate, what a signing he would be though.

Hmm so to add to the rumour and innuendo, if said rider is a Swindon asset he could therefore be part of a deal which saw the sale of Zach to the Robins?

Lets speculate here, could we fit Morris, Schlien, Lawson, Morley and Zach W in and still leave say seven - eight points to play with?